M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Aftermarket command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550
Aftermarket command

Hi

I just bought a 2008 ML550 in very good condition. However, the command center is totally outdated - every little thing needs an adapter from blue tooth to IPOD.

What I want to do is to replace the command center with one that has GPS HD navigation, WIFI, bluetooth, IPOD adpter etc. and keep my 11 Harmon Kardon speakers intact.

It looks like the 11 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker harness will be the major stumbling block. Is that correct? If it is correct then can I get an adapter for the Harmon Kardon speaker harness which I can plug in to the after market system and play it through the existing Harmon Kardon speakers. Can somebody help me please?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We have one that will be a drop in replacement for that car. It will give you NAV, Bluetooth, A2DP, iPod, Video, Backup Camera, etc. - You can keep the whole speaker and AMP system intact.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 PM

ML550
Hi

What is the model / manufacturer of this unit? Is it Dynavin's DVN-MBML? How much is the price?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
No, it is not Dynavin, although I know we use a similar board manufacturer for the touchscreen interface. This is our own unit and it is assembled in Germany at our EU building. We have a very complete unit with several additional items than I understand they do not include (however, since Dynavin is very rare in the US, we have not personally tested their unit). These are manufactured to our specifications and include EVERYTHING needed to install in a North American vehicle and not cause several errors on the MOST and CAN system (the units made for the rest of the world will cause several problems).
Old 08-05-2019, 11:16 AM

2009 ML550
Originally Posted by Cartronics
No, it is not Dynavin, although I know we use a similar board manufacturer for the touchscreen interface. This is our own unit and it is assembled in Germany at our EU building. We have a very complete unit with several additional items than I understand they do not include (however, since Dynavin is very rare in the US, we have not personally tested their unit). These are manufactured to our specifications and include EVERYTHING needed to install in a North American vehicle and not cause several errors on the MOST and CAN system (the units made for the rest of the world will cause several problems).
Could you provide a price and a phone number? I own a 2009 ML 550 with Harman Kardon Logic7. Thanks
Old 08-06-2019, 08:34 PM

2007 Mercedes ML500
There are a lot of aftermarket products out there. I'm gonna go for an android head unit for my 2007 ML500. As for the Harman Kardon speaker system there is a fibre optic module that you can buy which converts the signals from the head unit. Have a look around as the prices vary with specs