M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2009 ML350 Driver side mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 GLS 450 w/ AMG Night (22" AMG Wheel)
2009 ML350 Driver side mirror

Hello.

I have 2009 ML350 with Permium Package 1 installed. (I do NOT have auto fold mirror)

I just discovered today that the side mirrors could "Fold Out" in additional to "Fold in". I have always been folding them in, when i parallel parking on the street. The only time i didnt fold in was today - when i park in a municipal parking lot, and when i return back to the car - of course i realized a dent on my door, and my driver side mirror has a big white scratch. The stupid jerk nx to me probably open teh door so hard, it pushed thru the bottom of my mirror, and banged on my door. :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:. So now i have the following questions...

1) I played around with the mirror a bit, and i noticed that it "Folds out" - i actually never tried it before, (Never had to), so i do not know if its because its "Broken" or it really does fold out?

2) THe driver side mirror now 'rattles' when the car is idle. I can see the mirror is shaking a little bit - when i step on brake in D mode, or when the car is in Park mode. How do i fix this?? It is very annoying...

3) For things like this, what are your suggestions and how should i deal with it?
a) wait for the owner of that nx car to return? I am sure he will deny it.
b) just kick his car?? I wanted to so badly...
c) call police? Will they even file a report for me for small things like this?
d) Just imaginging - if i actually am there, catching the person banging on my door - is there really anything i can do? Argue with him? ANd he said sorry, and what else can i do? Ask him for 300 bucks? I think the person will just say, 'call the police if you want'.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 ML430, '84 380SL, '04 XC90, '12 X5
Mirror

Some of the pics I have linked to here might help you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123