M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2006 ML 500 / 2011 ML350 Bluetooth Phone Address Book Sync

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63, ML350
2006 ML 500 / 2011 ML350 Bluetooth Phone Address Book Sync

My wife and I own and lease two Mercedes MLs. Greatest vehicles I have ever possesed (I know, my expereince may be limited). The minor issue I am working on now is that we recently updated our phones from Blackberrys to Motorola Androids.

In the 2006 ML500, the phone address book synched at first but within weeks, the address book was no longer functional. The only category in the Command Center, which normally lists the letter of the alphabet for the first name, is "Other", and only phone numbers are in the list. Additionally, multiple (appears to be 4) entries exist for each number. I suspect that the Phone address book is not mapping the fields from the phone correctly into the vehicle's system.

In the new 2011 ML350, the vehicle phone book will not synch with device at all. It starts but then aborts. I suspect the same issue is happening but the newer software protects the vehicle and simply aborts the operation.

In booth vehicles, the in-vehicle phones work to make and take calls and the spearkers and microphones are fine. It is just the phone books that are affected.

My question to the forum, has anyone successfully synched Android phone directories via bluetooth with the onboard phone system? If so, was there anything special you did to either the phone or the vehicle?

Thanks and best regards to all,
Bruce