M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

CDi Diesel power upgrade (chip)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Buz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes R320 CDi, ML320 CDi, Lotus Elise SC, 190E 2.3-16 turbo, 280SL
CDi Diesel power upgrade (chip)

I have two 2008 320 CDi Mercedes, an R and an ML, that I have had reprogrammed by Speedtuning USA. Oliver has been very friendly and knowledgeable throughout the process. After they mail you a flash kit it is done through the OBD 2 port under the dash with a laptop computer. A handheld flash unit is also available for those who want the ability to revert to stock tune. You will not want the stock tune after driving it with the remap. The turbo lag off the line is reduced by about 2/3, the midrange torque increases by 50 lb/ft, and horsepower is up by 50 hp. The added torque is fun but the added power makes a huge difference when passing on the highway. My wife was amazed by the difference when only one of our cars was remapped and she does not notice anything subtle when it comes to vehicles. Fuel economy is about the same when driving aggressively but it improves significantly (1 to 2mpg) when driven carefully. We drive over a lot of mountain passes and even above 11,000 feet there is still noticeably more power than stock. The prices are very reasonable as well, especially compared the the Brabus or Kleemann piggy back modules. I tried a piggy back solution first but the cars were prone to check engine lights and the power increase faded over time as the factory ECU compensated for the signal modifications. This tuning also works with the Sprint Booster which I have on the R Class. The ML is a much lighter vehicle and has no need for the quicker throttle response. I am in no way affiliated with Speedtuning USA, just a happy customer. I am a car nut and this really transforms the MB turbo diesel driving experience. www.speedtuningusa.com