M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML-350 Radio displays "Device Unavailable"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes ML-350
Smile ML-350 Radio displays "Device Unavailable"

Battery went dead, had battery changed at local garage, they kept 12 volts in the system to not loose any info. Great job on battery change, but now my audio Radio displays message "Device Unavailable". Took vehicle to a garage that services MB. My Command Unit does not ask to enter Code # when turned on this model 164 Benz. The local service garage hooked up his computer to evaluate the system and nothing came up positive as to what the problem may be. Sent email to MB Germany with Vin # message came back that the Radio was not registered with the car. They had to remove the radio to obtain the serial # to provide to MB in Germany. They provided a code for the garage to put in but did not accept. MB asked to send them a Log of the error and software to review. So far no reply back. i hope this is not a dead end street and my radio "Command" will need to be replaced. HELP NEEDED TO GET THIS BACK WORKING. THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSIST YOU CAN PROVIDE