M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Keyless Go stopped working (sort of)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013 | 12:50 AM

06 SLK55, 22 EQS450
Keyless Go stopped working (sort of)

Sorry for my post being long but I wanted to be thorough.

The Keyless GO for the driver's side didn't work but for the other 3 doors and the rear tailgate work fine. I changed the batteries in the key and the problem still was there.

Next, I read on page 81 of the Operator's Manual that you can Restore to Factory Setting by pressing the Lock and unlock button on the FOB until the light on the FOB blinks twice. When I did that, weird things started happening. The driver's door started working. But only once. When I opened the door, the car kept trying to lock itself. When I closed the door, the doors automatically locked and kept doing so every 5 seconds. After about 20 seconds, I pressed the unlock button and it stopped the sequence. One time, all 4 windows went down half way. Weird stuff indeed.....

My question is could this be a fuse problem? I haven't been able to check it yet. I hope to do so tomorrow. I will be checking them all but was wondering what the Driver CU fuse does? Does that have anything to do with Keyless Go?

If not, what other problem could it be? Please advise. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.