M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Warranty coverage on 2008 ML320 CDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 CDI
Warranty coverage on 2008 ML320 CDI

I eventually got the repair work done at an indy shop and the cost totaled at $2,100. The parts that have been replaced are:actuator motor (although from the part#,it looks like it should be servo motor,roughly $180);mass air flow sensor($500) and bleeder valve (appx.$350).

Below I am listing what`s covered under my warranty and would like to have your opinion as to what should be covered.I know these after-market warranty people are hard axx,but just want to be more confident when talking to them for the expensive repair.The warranty company keeps talking about me getting the very very basic package therefore nothing will be covered. I just feel having little knowledge about the car at the time of buying,I would not have been able to tell which package is better.

If you guys can help by offering your view,I`d really appreciate that. Thanks.

4.1 ENGINE: All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including: engine block, cylinder heads (excluding damage caused by overheating regardless of the cause), crankshaft and main bearings, crankshaft gears, connecting rods and bearings, camshafts and bearings, camshaft gears, push rods, pistons, rings and pins,intake and exhaust valves, valve springs and retainers, valve covers, guides, lifters, rocker arms, shafts and pivots, timing chains, oil pump & shaft, dip stick & tube,

4.2 TRANSMISSIONS/TRANSAXLE: a) Automatic: All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including: housing, torque converter, valve body, gear sets,main and intermediate shafts, vacuum modulator, oil pump. Excluded: External linkages and shifter. b) Standard: All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including: housing, main and intermediate shafts, gear sets, synchronizer rings, shifter fork and bearings. Excluded: manual clutch, pressure plate, clutch bearing, external
linkages and shifter, flexplate and flywheel

4.3 DIFFERENTIAL: a) Front Wheel Drive Vehicles (transaxle) All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including: housing, main shafts, crown and pinion,pinion gears and bearings. b) Rear Wheel Drive Vehicles All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including: housing, carrier gear and case, drive pinion and pinion gear, ring gear, differential cover, differential mounts and bearings.

4.4 SEALS AND GASKETS: All seals and gaskets used to contain fluids or lubricants for parts within sections 4.1 through 4.3 when necessary to assemble or replace a covered component,

4.13 AUXILIARY DIFFERENTIAL AND TRANSFER CASE ( 4WD and AWD ): All internally lubricated parts (when damaged from within) including case, gears and sprockets, and chains.

4.14 TURBOCHARGER: All internal parts including: Housing, waste gate controller, intercooler and hard lines.(NOTE: Turbocharged engines must use turbo-rated oil.)

4.15 SUPERCHARGER: All internal parts including: Housing, compressor, clutch and pulley, bypass valve, intercooler and ducting.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 PM

SpeedRiven SL V12TT, ML320CDI
You have basic coverage plus seals and gaskets option. As such, none of the items on your list will be covered. My shop is an approved repair facility for some of the warranty companies in GTA and I am pretty sure you will not get a different answer...

BTW, out of your list, there is only one item related to the problem you described in the other thread. Not sure why you would need to change MAF sensor and bleeder valve. Also, I do not think that the initial cause of the issue was addressed - which one would fix the oil leak ?! And what happened to the fuses/fuse box you said was the problem ?

Igor.

Last edited by igor; 11-06-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 AM

ML320 CDI
Hi, Igor,

Not sure if you are still in GTA area and if you are, could you help me?

I just need to have a service C done on my 2008 ML320 CDI. Since the car is out of warranty - feel no need to go to the dealer. Are you still in the business of providing Mercedes mechanic services or do you know someone who can be trusted like you that can provide this service? Thanks.

Eric
Old 11-05-2014, 09:57 AM

SpeedRiven SL V12TT, ML320CDI
Eric,

I am still at the same place working on MBs.

Igor.