M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

- Hardwired Bluetooth Audio Module for W164 stereo !! (installation + pics) -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
- Hardwired Bluetooth Audio Module for W164 stereo !! (installation + pics) -

Hey Guys,

Just posted my writeup on the hardwired bluetooth audio module for our factory Nav headunits. Its a fantastic upgrade. I highly recommend you guys do the same mod. Its like having all the benefits of the newer W166 headunits (or later W164) in the older W164 Nav unit.

https://mbworld.org/forums/ml55-amg-...ml#post6709508

Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
manwhatadork (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350
I posted this reply in the other thread, just adding it here...

For those who want to go an easier route, and have the iPod connector in their glove-box, this is a really good answer to your Bluetooth needs. The "ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter"

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories

You unplug the small cable with the iPod adapter and the 3.5 mm jack and just plug this device in its place. Steering wheel controls still work, artist and track info is displayed on the COMAND unit and the Bluetooth telephone connection will continue to work. It takes about 15 seconds to install and maybe another minute to deal with the Bluetooth pairing process (which is one time only, after that it will automatically connect and disconnect).

Personally I am using mine in a 2010 ML350 and use an iPhone 6 plus running (originally) iOS 8.x and now all versions of iOS 9 (up through 9.3 beta 5). I do have one caveat. When the phone is simultaneously communicating with other Bluetooth devices, like my Pebble Steel watch or my Automatic ODB2 device, the audio will occasionally stutter. Mostly when the car first starts. Now that I moved the Automatic device over to my second (work) phone and moved to an Apple Watch it is solid as a rock.

It's not perfect, but at only $68 I think it was well worth it. Much better than my old 30 pin to lightning adapter cable with lightning cable extender I was using.