M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Another thread Oil leak on diesel OM642

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ML 350 Bluetec
Bluetec Oil Leak from Oil Cooler

I have a 2011 ML 350 with 122000 Km which has started an oil leak. Diagnosed at the local dealer as yet another instance of Oil Cooler leak. It is a shame that such recurring problem, which every owner recognises as a Design Flaw, yet MB Canada will not step up and accept any responsibility. MB Canada prefers to hide behind the fact that it is outside the Warranty. I have had this vehicle for a little over 3 years and it drives great. I have had issues with Blind spot warning and have had the rear bumper radar sensor replaced twice, once under warranty by the previous owner. I did buy the vehicle Pre-owned from an Infiniti Dealer at the time of purchase the vehicle had MB Canada Star Certified warranty. However, it appears now that this Star Certified warranty is transferrable to the next owner only if you buy from a Mercedes Dealership. This is not the case with any other Manufacturer. The Warranty should be for the Vehicle and not for the Owner. Again funny clauses hidden deep in the fine print somewhere. I am hoping that Mercedes with a world renowned brand would step up and offer a break with the exorbitant Labour costs involved in replacing the Oil cooler leak.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:32 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
Originally Posted by sidj
I have a 2011 ML 350 with 122000 Km which has started an oil leak. Diagnosed at the local dealer as yet another instance of Oil Cooler leak. It is a shame that such recurring problem, which every owner recognises as a Design Flaw, yet MB Canada will not step up and accept any responsibility. MB Canada prefers to hide behind the fact that it is outside the Warranty. I have had this vehicle for a little over 3 years and it drives great. I have had issues with Blind spot warning and have had the rear bumper radar sensor replaced twice, once under warranty by the previous owner. I did buy the vehicle Pre-owned from an Infiniti Dealer at the time of purchase the vehicle had MB Canada Star Certified warranty. However, it appears now that this Star Certified warranty is transferrable to the next owner only if you buy from a Mercedes Dealership. This is not the case with any other Manufacturer. The Warranty should be for the Vehicle and not for the Owner. Again funny clauses hidden deep in the fine print somewhere. I am hoping that Mercedes with a world renowned brand would step up and offer a break with the exorbitant Labour costs involved in replacing the Oil cooler leak.
If anything, this says you forgot to read the paperwork on the warranty and ask Mercedes if it would transfer. Your grievance should be with the Infiniti dealer, not with Mercedes. And no, other manufacturers also do the same thing with their warranties. Some do and some don't.