M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Avoid OE Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 2009 ML550 (W164)
N/A

DISREGARD THIS FORUM

Last edited by f_nark54; 09-20-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: N/A
Old 09-17-2017, 07:20 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
Next time pay with a credit card, when it happens, return the time, file a dispute and move on. Saves a lot of time and grief. Just make sure you keeo all your documentation.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:54 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by f_nark54
My name is Fran Narkaj. I have a 2009 ML550 that I was looking to get a tune for 1 month ago. Decided on OE Tuning and what a bad choice that was. The car was in the shop for about a week and a half after I bought the tune and flashloader so I had no chance to tune it until it was back. So I get the car, read the ecu, email them the file, they send me back the file, etc. The only problem is that the file they sent me was not compatible with the car. Emailed them multiple times about it and finally got answered. They said to retry everything and just read the car again and they will send a new file that should work. Ok. I get the new file and the same error comes up "file is not compatible with the ECU." At this point I know that I am not doing anything wrong, so I email them again, and they tell me "well this is the file for your car and ecu." Ok.... it doesn't work so that's not really helping me. They then say that they are having the head technician look into it. 3 days go by. I send another email because these guys suck at replying unless you are on top of them. What's funny is that they replied very quickly when I mentioned that I wanted a refund. The "head technician" now emails me saying that this is the first time he has heard of the tune not working on a 550 engine, when I have looked on the forums and seen that many people had issues with their tune, not just me (my fault for checking after I bought the tune). He also says that will help me figure out what I am doing wrong. But I am not doing anything wrong at all it is the file that is not working. I email back, "no thank you I am not stuck on any steps, I just want a refund." 3 days go by, where is the head technician and did he even look into the problem? Probably not. I email them again earlier today saying that I demand a refund, and they immediately replied with a form for a refund. I hope I get my money back and resolve this issue because my experience with OE Tuning has sucked. Just wanted to warn people.

On to Eurocharged!
Fran, unfortunately the original file for your car gave an error "incompatible file". This was using a certified original file from the Dimsport server. In cases like this we require the ECU to be sent in for reading. This way the original file is 100% compatible with your car and the ECU will flash OBD2 with MyGenius. Other tuners will require you send in your ECU for reading if you still want to use MyGenius and have problem with original file.
We have tried to do our best to trouble shoot this issue with support coming from Dimsport in Italy sometimes 2-3 days from an issue being reported. We hope tuning works out better for your car in the future.