M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

rear ride height sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 ml63
rear ride height sensor

Hi guys i have a 2009 ml63, but i figured ill post here instead since it seems like theres more traffic here. Anyways, i installed lowering links a few years ago and it was fine and dandy then i noticed it was getting rusty and corroded. I live in the northeast and i drive it in the winter, go figured. So i go and replace my summer tires for the winter tires at my friend shop and low and behold, the arm of the rear height sensor broke off. The link rusted and seized up. it gave no play at all and snapped the arm of the control sensor *both sensor*. anyways i found the part number A0105427717. Every search i did online for this part number bring up a headlamp level sensor. Is that right? Will i need to calibrate the sensor if i buy the "headlamp height sensor"? they both look identical. and I'm going back to stock links on the rear. The lowering links did not lower the rears at all, so whats the point.

1. Do i need to calibrate the sensor?
2. Is the rear ride height control sensor same as headlamp heigh control sensor? *they look identical*

thank you
Old 11-12-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
"More traffic" in the wrong forum does not translate to any answers...