M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

OM642 engine problems

Old 12-09-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK-350 cdi 4matic
OM642 engine problems

Hi everyone!
During past year I've been trying to solve the problem of the engine on my GLK-350 cdi 4matic.
Every Mercedes centre, private or official had different opinion of what to do, from changing the injectors to changing the Mass Air Flow sensor.
the error code always the same, there are two of them
133F00 and 11B800 and they only appear on a hot engine. Never while warmup. Sometimes both codes appear, sometimes only one the 11B800
First is a problem with the left MAF sensor, the
second with "control déviation during rail pressure regulation via quantity control valve is too low".
Concerning the first problem I tried solving it by buying another used MAF sensor, nothing changed.
I even swapped the good right sensor with left one, no difference, the same code, the same problem with left sensor. So I judge that the sensor is ok. It's something else.
Concerning the second 11B800 I just don't know.
One thing helped though, one of the private mechanics changed the fuel filter and put inside of the new filter the lubrification liquid for fuel system. And also poured the injector cleaning liquid in the tank. This erased the problem for 2 months. The engine was smooth as a baby.
But then it started appearing again.
And every time the engine goes into the limp mode when this two code appear.
I know that some of you might say that I need to change the injectors, but I believe that it's a waste of money since it's just an opportunity for an official dealer to get more money from me. I want to be 100% sure that it's them before spending 3000€ on it. No error codes for injectors ever been observed. What if I do change them and the error codes appear again ? I can't afford wasting 3000€ or so.
The red resin seal that connects the air tubes to the turbo also has been changed, no leaks.
any ideas guys ??
What in world is it ? The enginee is dead ?PS. It only goes into the limp mode if accelerated hard. If driving like a granny, it does not appear.

Last edited by GLK Belgium; 12-09-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Grammatical mistake
Old 12-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
There are more things to look at then just the fuel filter and mass air sensors. There are multiple pressure sensors in the fuel system and also a quantity control valve and even the fuel pumps themselves can play into this issue. If there are issues with any of those sensors or components you can also have the car go into limp home mode and then you are back with those codes. Honestly, you can toss all the parts at it that you may want and be out $1000 or more, and still not solve the issue unless you can find someone who can follow the diagnosis with an SDS like at the stealership.

I've seen that rail pressure fault be anything from the low pressure fuel pump, quantity control valve or the fuel rail pressure sensor. As for the mass air sensor leak, I would make sure that the red rubber seal on the inlet of the turbocharger is not torn or damaged. Also, inspect the plastic intake pipe around the area of the turbo inlet for damage. If those are all good, you may have a torn charge air cooler pipe before or after the intercooler, but those gernally lead to low boost pressure faults.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK-350 cdi 4matic
Originally Posted by Racin_fool
There are more things to look at then just the fuel filter and mass air sensors. There are multiple pressure sensors in the fuel system and also a quantity control valve and even the fuel pumps themselves can play into this issue. If there are issues with any of those sensors or components you can also have the car go into limp home mode and then you are back with those codes. Honestly, you can toss all the parts at it that you may want and be out $1000 or more, and still not solve the issue unless you can find someone who can follow the diagnosis with an SDS like at the stealership.

I've seen that rail pressure fault be anything from the low pressure fuel pump, quantity control valve or the fuel rail pressure sensor. As for the mass air sensor leak, I would make sure that the red rubber seal on the inlet of the turbocharger is not torn or damaged. Also, inspect the plastic intake pipe around the area of the turbo inlet for damage. If those are all good, you may have a torn charge air cooler pipe before or after the intercooler, but those gernally lead to low boost pressure faults.
Thank you.
i try to avoid the official dealership as I just don't trust them. You come to them with a failed glow plug, they gonna tell you that the whole engine needs reassembly. They only think how to get more money and there is no way of knowing if what they say is true.
I was wandering how come that some lubricant in the fuel filter eliminated the problem for 2 month ?
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (05-05-2021)
Old 12-16-2019, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML350 Bluetec
Did you ever solve your 11B800 code?

If you resolve your issue do you remember what it was? I'm having the same issue but I'm also got one other code than yours which is P0087 code. If you still remember that would be great if I could find out what you found out. Thank you much!