M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Command Wire Diagram?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML350
Command Wire Diagram?

I'm replacing my command system (w164 2009) with an updated android head unit - does anyone have a wiring diagram of the command unit? Mostly I'm curious on the different colored cables (GPS, ANT, MIC, etc) so that I have each routed to the correct place.

Also, the new head unit seems to get terrible radio reception (assuming I have the correct cable going into the HU (white with purple?)... is there anything odd/different about what the command unit expected or what the antenna sent?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML 350 4matic
Originally Posted by CreativelyChris
I'm replacing my command system (w164 2009) with an updated android head unit - does anyone have a wiring diagram of the command unit? Mostly I'm curious on the different colored cables (GPS, ANT, MIC, etc) so that I have each routed to the correct place.

Also, the new head unit seems to get terrible radio reception (assuming I have the correct cable going into the HU (white with purple?)... is there anything odd/different about what the command unit expected or what the antenna sent?

Thanks!
Which radio did you get? And what year vehicle? I am currently in the same boat as far as reception goes. I still have not figured out which oem wires are for the steering wheel controls. Back to the reception. I think the problem is the antenna adapter that was provided. I believe we need one with a built in relay.