M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Seeking advice and solutions W164 and Exhaust and Resonators and Muffler Delete.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2021 | 10:55 PM

08' ML550, ML 63, E55, and 2019 S63, 19’ Porsche 991 911 Speedster
Seeking advice and solutions W164 and Exhaust and Resonators and Muffler Delete.

Seems like maybe starting a new thread was in line and on the theme, open for ideas on exhausts line and options that you know of or would recommend. I’m a AMG enthusiast and owned several and this may be for the more experienced - persons who know or at least open to seek out some possible ways to help make my Ml550 n/a sound more throaty and deep. Similar to an AMG piping Of the vehicle itself underneath and the same model year parentheses (2008), or what is more commonly referred to in the Mercedes community has the W164.

I want to remove the resonator and establish Either before or after the X pipe some sort of way too quiet the straight pipe down once I remove the resonator but also remove the stock muffler’s. Which instead of posting a picture here I will explain or at the rear of the vehicle underneath the bumper provided that I am able to either replace or add something along the line to give it a more AMG sound has anyone done this? What did you do? And hopefully it was done on a budget I know that there are alternatives i.e. aftermarket Flowmaster Borla even finding some used I think it’s the M213 motor in that AMG exhaust system to pair up with this current engine that I have. I’m not sure that it matters but I know in regards to the sound that I currently have with just the straight pipes it’s incredibly loud although at low razz anything under 3000 is reasonable and I would just like to achieve more of a rumble a little growl throughout the power band of the vehicle if any of you guys have any ideas hit me up let me know I’m open to anything.

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2021 | 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
Originally Posted by 2008ml550_0104
Seems like maybe starting a new thread was in line and on the theme, open for ideas on exhausts line and options that you know of or would recommend. I’m a AMG enthusiast and owned several and this may be for the more experienced - persons who know or at least open to seek out some possible ways to help make my Ml550 n/a sound more throaty and deep. Similar to an AMG piping Of the vehicle itself underneath and the same model year parentheses (2008), or what is more commonly referred to in the Mercedes community has the W164.

I want to remove the resonator and establish Either before or after the X pipe some sort of way too quiet the straight pipe down once I remove the resonator but also remove the stock muffler’s. Which instead of posting a picture here I will explain or at the rear of the vehicle underneath the bumper provided that I am able to either replace or add something along the line to give it a more AMG sound has anyone done this? What did you do? And hopefully it was done on a budget I know that there are alternatives i.e. aftermarket Flowmaster Borla even finding some used I think it’s the M213 motor in that AMG exhaust system to pair up with this current engine that I have. I’m not sure that it matters but I know in regards to the sound that I currently have with just the straight pipes it’s incredibly loud although at low razz anything under 3000 is reasonable and I would just like to achieve more of a rumble a little growl throughout the power band of the vehicle if any of you guys have any ideas hit me up let me know I’m open to anything.

Thanks again!
At least you listened to my advice and started another thread on the same subject.
Old 02-21-2021 | 11:25 PM

08' ML550, ML 63, E55, and 2019 S63, 19’ Porsche 991 911 Speedster
Originally Posted by S70Houston
At least you listened to my advice and started another thread on the same subject.

Well it’s my thread in the first place dip **** so why don’t you just hop off go buy some Biden stickers or something