M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

MB Dealer, scanners, codes, DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2022 | 06:06 PM

ML 320 CDI 2008 JTNB11HK3J3024970
MB Dealer, scanners, codes, DIY

Hello all, I called the local MB dealer in Hudson Valley NY to inquire about how to turn off the maintenance required message that keeps appearing and he told me that it could only be turned off by the computer at MB dealers. He then offered to only charge me for one hour labor and go through the vehicle and reset any old codes like the maint. message and advise me of any work needed. Is this better than using a diagnostic scanner that I buy because of all the electronics in the truck? I did try two different ways that I found on the internet to reset the maint.message but neither worked. When I bought the truck I also bought a Autel scanner for $30 bucks just to have something to read some of the codes and that already helped me when a sensor failed and went into limp mode but it can't reset the maint. message. Now I would like to get a better scanner that reads all/most of the codes from the multiple SAMs that are in it and be able to do all the resets needed. I would appreciate recommendations by users, thanks in advance, I have a 2008 ML320 cdi.