M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

08 ML 320CCDI - reverse camera problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB ML 320CDI w164
08 ML 320CCDI - reverse camera problems

I’ve had severe intermittent problems with the reverse camera or the signals from it. A few days ago I visited a MB garage and got the revere camera changed. The previous loss of or flickering image is still present.
Since it most probably is related to contact problems in eg cable connections (sorry just me guessing) and since I’m convinced that this problem can’t be limited to my car only I try to get some qualified advices from this forum. How was this problem cured in your car?
Thanks in advance for all responses to this enquiry!
Old 08-11-2022, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,719 Likes on 2,474 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
new rear cam... no fix!

Originally Posted by Olsyno
I’ve had severe intermittent problems with the reverse camera or the signals from it. A few days ago I visited a MB garage and got the revere camera changed. The previous loss of or flickering image is still present.
Since it most probably is related to contact problems in eg cable connections (sorry just me guessing) and since I’m convinced that this problem can’t be limited to my car only I try to get some qualified advices from this forum. How was this problem cured in your car?
Thanks in advance for all responses to this enquiry!
I am not going to argue the dealer should fix what you already paied for... new camera, no difference ie. bad repair

The camera harness goes through the trunk sides that go up/down until wires gives up from repeated motion. Some use video signal, newer incarnation use a data stream... same old cabling issue.

Try to pin-point that problem there.