M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2011 ML350 BlueTEC DEF injector terminal and 0 starts remaining

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2022 | 12:28 PM

2001 ML350 BlueTEC
2011 ML350 BlueTEC DEF injector terminal and 0 starts remaining

Recently purchased a 2011 ML350 BlueTEC. Took it out this past week and got a CEL. Checked it out on a cheap scanner, and there were 2 codes. P2047 and P202E. Reductant injection valve range, and reductant injection valve circuit open. I figured I'd look it up when I got home. On the way home I get a message on my dash "AdBlue Remaining Starts 20". So I figured it was low on DEF. I refilled the DEF, and read that you have to drive it around a little while before it resets. The countdown continued. After a couple of days of it not resetting, I started checking out other things. I looked up what this valve was and found out it's the DEF injector. Then I saw 2 wires hanging down about where that's located underneath, and saw that something had gotten hung up one the wires, and pulled the plug to the DEF injector out, and it had been low enough to drag on the ground, destroying the terminal. So, no big deal, that's what set off the CEL. Easy fix , just put a new terminal on, plug it back into the DEF injector, and I should be good to go. But my remaining starts are now at 0, and it won't start.
So, I need to find where to get that specific type of terminal, and I need the remaining starts reset. The terminal I can easily fix myself if I can find a replacement, but I don't know how to reset the countdown, without towing it to a dealer. Is there any way around this? And does anyone know where I can get a replacement terminal?
Old 09-23-2022 | 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
It seems like you didn't do any reasearch before buying one of these. Before you start dumping endless time and money into it, tow it to the closest junkyard collect $250 and don't look back. RUN away from any MB diesel built after 2006.