M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

park lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350
park lights

So I went to change out the park lights today to leds and notice that when I was putting them back that there's like no clip to hold them in to the hole any one else experince this as well ? I know my e class had like a clip when you push it all the way back in the hole.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 PM

2014 E350
Any one ???
Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by Al benzo
So I went to change out the park lights today to leds and notice that when I was putting them back that there's like no clip to hold them in to the hole any one else experince this as well ? I know my e class had like a clip when you push it all the way back in the hole.
You talking about the front amber ones? I took mine out to go for the euro look. Much cleaner. It's the wedge bulb right ? The long holder is the only thing that secures it.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 AM

2014 E350
Yep crazy how they just sit in there I notice because when I went to change my bulbs the lights was kind of already pushed out ... The lights have like no clip to hold them in
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Yep crazy how they just sit in there I notice because when I went to change my bulbs the lights was kind of already pushed out ... The lights have like no clip to hold them in
There is no separate clip, but the holder itself does clip in.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Yes they just slide in there. Honestly i can't believe Mercedes wouldn't put a clip in there to secure the bulb, but that's the way they are.

I must admit, they were super easy to change....usually I can't even fit my hand in there.

Anyway I changed mine to a wedge bulb that has a more Real White/xenon color to it...Honestly I popped the LED's in and the color didn't match the daytime running lites, the wedge bulbs I put in match much better.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 AM

2014 E350
Yea I put a nice hyper white to match my hids
Old 12-16-2011, 08:04 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Yea I put a nice hyper white to match my hids
How are your HID's working out? Did you have to get them coded to work right? And were you able to fit the ballast and all the wiring into the stock lighting case, and then just put the cap back on?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:20 AM

2020 Panamera GTS
I think we're talking about different bulbs. You said parking lights (amber) but meant city lights( the ones in the high beam lens) right ?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:21 AM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by Sean76NYC
How are your HID's working out? Did you have to get them coded to work right? And were you able to fit the ballast and all the wiring into the stock lighting case, and then just put the cap back on?
I have HIDs also no error lights no coding required. Just a capacitor that is plug-and-play. I put the kits outside the lighting housing. But I don't like the color of any of the bulbs I've gotten so far. I've gone through 4 sets. Waiting for one more since bulbs are only $15 for the pair. Then will consider mtec kit. More expensive but hopefully the oem color I want. Excess shine onto oncoming traffic is not a problem due to projector lights focusing the beam better than reflector housings

Last edited by jtorrebl; 12-17-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:21 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
I have HIDs also no error lights no coding required. Just a capacitor that is plug-and-play. I put the kits outside the lighting housing. But I don't like the color of any of the bulbs I've gotten so far. I've gone through 4 sets. Waiting for one more since bulbs are only $15 for the pair. Then will consider mtec kit. More expensive but hopefully the oem color I want. Excess shine onto oncoming traffic is not a problem due to projector lights focusing the beam better than reflector housings
Yea the kit i'm having put in is small enough to go inside the housing, and supposedly the closest in color that you can get to Mercedes stock. I'll be posting some pics up tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by Sean76NYC
Yea the kit i'm having put in is small enough to go inside the housing, and supposedly the closest in color that you can get to Mercedes stock. I'll be posting some pics up tomorrow.
I have one of those small kits too. And there is no way everything will fit inside the housing, since I installed it myself. Tell me the name of the kit and if you like the color at night. I'll get one too. SO far the bulbs have that cheap blueish tint.