M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Intermittent Wipers - Too Sensitive ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350
Intermittent Wipers - Too Sensitive ?

We've had a lot of rain/sprinkle/mist stuff today. The lowest setting for the intermittent wipers on our 2012 ML is way too sensitive and runs the wipers too often resulting in a lot of irritating dry squeeky wipes. There doesn't appear to be a software setting to adjust this like other makes. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 12-15-2011, 06:44 AM
caf

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
car
No setting that I'm aware of .

I agree. I have trouble getting the wipers to do what I want. That's common to most rain sensing wipers I've used. Sometimes I think I'd just rather have the old intermittent wipers with multiple speed settings. The rain sensing wipers have two settings, but that's not enough.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM

ML350 C63
I find the wipers on mine are not sensitive enough. Trying both setting failed to keep up with the rain. I ended up turning it to the regular setting. The last car i had through GM never had this issue. In fact i forgot that i had a wiper switch...it always kept up with the rain.

This is only one of the many faults im finding with this model. I have 100 miles and asked MB to take it back. Of course they refused.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,187 Likes on 854 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by caf
No setting that I'm aware of .

I agree. I have trouble getting the wipers to do what I want. That's common to most rain sensing wipers I've used. Sometimes I think I'd just rather have the old intermittent wipers with multiple speed settings. The rain sensing wipers have two settings, but that's not enough.
My M3 has 4 settings and works fine without fiddling. Even my '06 ML with rain sensor but only one intermittent setting seems to work well. This is disappointing to hear.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 AM

2012 Blk/Blk ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by 71406
I find the wipers on mine are not sensitive enough. Trying both setting failed to keep up with the rain. I ended up turning it to the regular setting. The last car i had through GM never had this issue. In fact i forgot that i had a wiper switch...it always kept up with the rain.

This is only one of the many faults im finding with this model. I have 100 miles and asked MB to take it back. Of course they refused.
Wow "many faults?" Buyers remorse much??? Did you take the vehicle for a test drive before purchase. My previous GM Denali auto sensors were hit or miss.

FYI, back to the OP topic, it rained the other day here in N. Cal and the wipers did a good job. It was a normal steady rain however.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM

2012 ML350
Thanks for everyone's input. It's been driving my wife nuts. She's getting very frustrated with this and the lack of a standard timed intermittent option. Pushing the wipe button every minute or two during a 30 minute drive gets tiring. She's beginning to wish she had her old car back.