M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Am I Getting D**k'd around?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350, 2020 GLE450 (On Order)
Unhappy Am I Getting D**k'd around?

Hey all, i need some help. Ordered my ML350 on Feb10, 2012 from MB Mavis in Mississauga.

Told it might take some time cause of the Xenon Package.

Basically i ordered:

1. Advanced Driving Pack
2. Premium pack
3. Xenon Lights
4. Running boards

Called the dealer today to find out what's going on...and he told me i'm looking at a July delivery. Really? i mean...JULY? i might as well order a 13 i told him. He's like sure...you can do that...then your delivery date will be September.

What do i do? Any ideas / advice would help....

Thanks...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
SUCK it UP they only started building ML with Xenons in late Jan if not March. The plant supplies the whole freakin world. Did u think you were buying an Equinox? LOL. Sorry but many of us have been with this almost a year. It takes a while friend. Pull up a chair and get to meet the nice people here, lots to learn. Unless a benz is a status thing like sooooo many BMW owners ick!! Drive the thing will ya hahahaha welcome we really are fun people.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 PM

2008 Honda CR-V, 2013 ML350 on order
RJR in this forum ordered it with the lighting package around 2nd week of Feb and he took delivery today. He is here in the states, but I think the timelines are similar in Canada too. There should be no reason why yours shd take until July!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
The other order was putting RJRs name on an existing dealer order. I ordered in MAY 2011(paper as factory not taking yet) go a date about April if didn't take pana-roof,June if I did Greg ordered end summer I think and his build is June 6 I believe. A true customer order will take time there have been so many delays. Many folks ordered LOADED ML's so supply is slim at times. All Ontario dealers swamped. I gave my ML alocation to another customer that didn't want Xenons in January. Its not here yet. Try a stock unit if you can find it. The MY 13 may be what will work for you. New colors multi color dash gauges collosion avoidance assist all standard. Look in to it Demo might work better we will be first with 13's
Old 04-21-2012, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,179 Likes on 848 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by dougiebear
The other order was putting RJRs name on an existing dealer order. I ordered in MAY 2011(paper as factory not taking yet) go a date about April if didn't take pana-roof,June if I did Greg ordered end summer I think and his build is June 6 I believe. A true customer order will take time there have been so many delays. Many folks ordered LOADED ML's so supply is slim at times. All Ontario dealers swamped. I gave my ML alocation to another customer that didn't want Xenons in January. Its not here yet. Try a stock unit if you can find it. The MY 13 may be what will work for you. New colors multi color dash gauges collosion avoidance assist all standard. Look in to it Demo might work better we will be first with 13's
It's not just MB. A national report yesterday say US automakers are also seeing shortages in parts & materials. An explosion at a plant in Germany is predicted to cause plastic resin shortages in a few weeks. Beyond that, more widespread parts shortages are predicted because of plant and worker shortages.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:32 AM

C63 AMG, ML 350 Bluetec, Acura MDX
that delay is excessive. I ordered my 350BT in (late) Jan and I've been driving it for 2weeks now. It has bi-xenons +nav, HK sound etc etc as well as the trailering package. It was ordered in Ottawa. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to call around to other dealerships??? Could it be the running boards causing the excessive delay??
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by tem100
that delay is excessive. I ordered my 350BT in (late) Jan and I've been driving it for 2weeks now. It has bi-xenons +nav, HK sound etc etc as well as the trailering package. It was ordered in Ottawa. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to call around to other dealerships??? Could it be the running boards causing the excessive delay??
If it is the running boards causing the delay, you may want to consider putting them on after delivery as an accessory. Considerably more expensive, but if you really want an ML AND running boards, that is an alternative.

IMO it's not likely the running boards causing the delay, but you never know!

BTW, I ordered my ML (lighting, Pano, MBTex dash, running boards, etc.) on Nov. 7, and it is not slated to be built until the last decade of May, so patience is definitely required (although difficult at times!!)
Old 04-21-2012, 01:18 PM

2012 ML350 BLUETEC, 2011 Audi A4 Avant
Originally Posted by demolisher
Hey all, i need some help. Ordered my ML350 on Feb10, 2012 from MB Mavis in Mississauga.

Told it might take some time cause of the Xenon Package.

Basically i ordered:

1. Advanced Driving Pack
2. Premium pack
3. Xenon Lights
4. Running boards

Called the dealer today to find out what's going on...and he told me i'm looking at a July delivery. Really? i mean...JULY? i might as well order a 13 i told him. He's like sure...you can do that...then your delivery date will be September.

What do i do? Any ideas / advice would help....

Thanks...
I am pretty sure the pano roof in your premuim pkg is causing the delay. I am in Canada ordered with Markham Mercedes some time in Feb, with exact config as yours PLUS Sport pkg and LESS pano. I picked up mine April 5th. If you're in a rush call your dealer back and see if they can pull out the pano and speed up the process.

I'd like to have the pano but I need the ML delivered in April as my old lease was expiring. If I had wait it'll be around the same predicted delivery date as you (in June/July)

Best of luck.

Last edited by mcube3; 04-21-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:33 PM

F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
looks like pano issue if you have pano, it was canceled a while ago do to shortage and still no pano available in premium package to this day, if you order now.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:42 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by tem100
Surely u got a cancelled order or stock order. Guess u don't have panarama roof? I refused to be without it, to be the only ML in the area without pano kills resale value and opportunity
Enjoy Yours

Last edited by dougiebear; 04-21-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 E400
Your ML is built in Alabama, much closer to you in Miss. You can probably drive to the factory to pick it up...

That's why we mostly buy from dealer's stock inventory, or dealer can search other dealerships & ship it in. My Houston dealer shipped in my ML from an Austin dealer's, with the exact spec options we wanted.

If we're going to have to wait 4+ months, might as well do European delivery (for MB sedans).
But don't think Alabama delivery program has caught on yet for ML owners...
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM

2012 ML350-BT on order
Ordered my 350BT first week of Jan with P1 and lighting. Was told the dealer could not submit it until April/May. Got a call Friday saying they were told they could modify a 2012 on order now and mine would now be submitted. Told to expect actual delivery in Mass either late July or early August. Does this make sense? He apologized and said its the best they can do and would keep me advised along the way if things change. Got a fair price I believe.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 PM

C63 AMG, ML 350 Bluetec, Acura MDX
Surely u got a cancelled order or stock order. Guess u don't have panarama roof? I refused to be without it, to be the only ML in the area without pano kills resale value and opportunity
Enjoy Yours

No, I don't have the pano roof. I have the package they were building at the time the order was placed. It came with everything....except the pano roof. Its really a tow vehicle for my boat and its my winter vehicle. I have a C63 for fun driving.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM

2012 ML 350 BT, 2016 E400 Coupe (preping to order soon)
My order went in on February 10. The dealership amended an order that was already in the pipeline. Nevertheless, with the lighting package delay, I'm still waiting. Two weeks ago I was told my vehicle was entering into production. Last week I got a note from my SA telling me the car is nearing the end of the production cycle. He told me to expect the car to arrive in the Boston area in approx. 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM

Just called the dealer to confirm. There was no roof ordered in the premium package...so it cant be that...any other ideas?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM

2012 ML350-BT on order
Originally Posted by cobalt210
My order went in on February 10. The dealership amended an order that was already in the pipeline. Nevertheless, with the lighting package delay, I'm still waiting. Two weeks ago I was told my vehicle was entering into production. Last week I got a note from my SA telling me the car is nearing the end of the production cycle. He told me to expect the car to arrive in the Boston area in approx. 2 to 3 weeks.
Not too bad. I ordered first of January, also in Mass, and just got an order modified to my specs with lighting. Told late July to August for delivery. You must have more pull with dealer than I do! Congrats
Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just called the dealer to confirm. There was no roof ordered in the premium package...so it cant be that...any other ideas?
It's the lights, for sure. They or prioritized for the V8 models, so we get stuck with what's leftover. I've been waiting for 6 months (2 to go?) with a difficult combo of options: Dynamic, Pano & Lighting, among others.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM

so, maybe its a better idea to switch it over to a 2013 then...
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
so, maybe its a better idea to switch it over to a 2013 then...
Based on what I have read in other threads, you likely will have to wait longer for a '13. My '12 order went in Nov. 7, and they are projecting a last decade May build - and it is a P1 order, so who know how long an order will take for a '13. Remember, they stock up the dealers first with the "default" configurations.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by twodivers
Based on what I have read in other threads, you likely will have to wait longer for a '13. My '12 order went in Nov. 7, and they are projecting a last decade May build - and it is a P1 order, so who know how long an order will take for a '13. Remember, they stock up the dealers first with the "default" configurations.
That's my fear - giving up a sure thing for being at the mercy of arcane scheduling and unkown availability.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
That's my fear - giving up a sure thing for being at the mercy of arcane scheduling and unkown availability.
Twodivers mentioned P1 then he should know a P1 order(customer assigned) trumps all orders. Dealer stock is secondary to P1
My 13 is supposed to be delivered Sept\Oct with build in August due too multicontour seat ramp up.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
Twodivers mentioned P1 then he should know a P1 order(customer assigned) trumps all orders. Dealer stock is secondary to P1
My 13 is supposed to be delivered Sept\Oct with build in August due too multicontour seat ramp up.
You are correct - P1 trumps all. Except that component availability still plays havoc with the build!! My dealer is getting new stock (unassigned) all the time, but I'm still waiting. If I take on faith that mine truly is P1 (I have no reason to doubt them), then the delay must still be to clear up the light or pano roof or MBTex dash backlog!

To quote GregW, "I just want to drive the dang thing."
Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 PM

2010 E350 4Matic ML350 on order
Originally Posted by cobalt210
That sounds pretty much like my situation. I ordered on Feb 4 and was told a few weeks ago my build date was April 19. Just today I heard from the SR that my ML was out of production and loaded on the train. He said it should be delivered in "mid May" to me in the Seattle area.

Mine is Iridium Silver with lighting package, Premium II, MBtex dash, Lane assist, trailer hitch, etc.