M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Delayed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BT, 2016 E400 Coupe (preping to order soon)
Delayed!!!

I ordered an Arctic White ML350 Bluetec with Brown/Black leather on Feb. 10, 2012. It is equipped with the following:

P2
Lighting Package
Heated Steering Wheel
Trailer Hitch
Running Boards
Driver Assistance Package

The build date was scheduled to be the week ending April 20 -- although I was told at one point that production would start earlier. The week following the scheduled build date I checked with my SA. I was told the car was in the final stages of production. One week later my SA told me the production status had not changed and he would call the factory today. I just received a note from my SA that MLs meeting certain design criteria were being held back - he described that as a good thing. Expectation is that the car will be released within 48 hours.

Now, I know the Lighting Package was the primary reason for the initial delay. But at this point I have no clue as to why the car is being held. Could it be the Diesel hesitation thing? Maybe. Something else? Maybe. Hey for all I know it could have something to do with transportation.

Has anyone else had this experience - I don't recall anything similar in prior threads? Any advice, other than to tough it out? XXZ, any insight?

At worst I'm just disappointed to be waiting again. I realize it will arrive eventually. I'm just a bit frustrated at seemingly being so close to having the car arrive.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
We ordered our ML350 Gas the 2nd week of Feb. We did have the lighting package. Our build date was supposed to be April 16th. Our car shipped the week of the 9th and we picked it up on April 20th.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BlueTec
I was told that most of the ML production is going to China where they cost twice as much and only get a 12k mile warranty. Money talks.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300D Turbo 1984

Originally Posted by katiesdad7
I was told that most of the ML production is going to China where they cost twice as much and only get a 12k mile warranty. Money talks.

What the...

So when is our American re-bound expected? Its some-what unsettling that Americans are feeling constriction from foreign demand.

This America-centric individual does not want to hear this.

I grew up with dreams of being an astronaut, my little nephew is growing up with dreams of being justin beiber. dear god. it is time to make a change.