M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Eco start/stop 3 sec. delayed stop would be nice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ml-250
Eco start/stop 3 sec. delayed stop would be nice?

I like the eco start/stop feature. The engine immediately stops when the car stops, and starts very quickly when you raise your foot from the break. This is a different start/stop than the ignition start/stop, as it is very quick.
What annoys me is, for example when I come home and have to stop and go reverse into my garage, eco start/stop makes the engine to the stop and start again several times until I adjust the direction of the car before going reverse. If there was a possibilty of putting a delay of 2-3 seconds before the engine eco-stops, it would be very useful for me. Also in a less busy traffic towards the traffic ligths this delay would also help a lot. Does anybody think the same?
This can also be possible with a software adjustment I think.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE 450
Isn't there an on/off switch for that? If all else fails make it a habit to turn it off when you get to your garage. You do it often enough it will become second nature.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 AM

2012 ml-250
You are right. This the only solution for now. There is a button near the seat heating button to switch it off.
The eco start/stop is a clever function. It is not on when you first start the engine until the engine and inside of the car reaches to an optimum temperature depending on if it is winter or summer. And it can be more clever with a delayed stop added to these properties.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:18 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Google found this

1. The combustion engine must have attained the necessary operating
parameters (e.g. the minimum coolant temperature).
2. The relevant conditions relating to the vehicle must be met (e.g. sufficient voltage in the on-board electrical system, the interior climate has been regulated following the key start, the accumulator for the air suspension or brake system is sufficiently full). And the vehicle must be stationary, of course.
3. The relevant conditions relating to the driver must be met: the transmission selector lever must be set to D or N; no movement of the accelerator or the steering wheel; the driver's foot must be on the brake or the HOLD function must be active; the doors must be closed, the driver's seat belt must be fastened and the bonnet must be closed.
4. The ECO start/stop must not have been switched off via the ECO button.
5. Relevant speeds must have been exceeded after starting with the ignition key or during manoeuvring, for example

Seat belt release seems best for backing up at home and here it legal to reverse without a belt :o)
Old 08-20-2012, 05:09 AM

2012 ml-250
Thanks for the information. Seat belt release really seems to be the best option as it is not an additional thing. But I am still waiting for an answer from the dealer if it is possible.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 PM

CLS 63AMG
Eco 350 bt

Great info re the new system. I spoke with my dealer re the 350 bt and he said he has heard nothing about the enhancements to the economy etc.I really hope we see the improvements as I have ordered a 2013 for delivery in October. Is this a for sure thing for the Canadian ML 350 BT???
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Stop start confirmed but no details on economy or HP till engine certified