M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Fleet Managers discount myth or reality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350
Fleet Managers discount myth or reality?

Hey folks, new member here as I am now shopping for a '13 ML350 BluteTEC

My desired specs are:
Palladium silver ext
Black MB-Tex int
P01 premium pkg
Lighting pkg
trailer hitch

I understand this is about 57-58k msrp and I am trying to shop around for 54 or lower quote - think that is reasonable?

When researching ways to get more discounts, I was reading some article about negotiating with fleet managers.

It sounds real good, but kind of on the to good to be true side. Anyone been able to find a fleet manager who will deal with you personally for a single car and offered a great price? I would love to get some recommendations for such fleet managers within say 150-200 miles of NYC I would reach out to them

Also from reading other threads on this forum I saw some mentions about Costco discount so I'll look into that too as I am not a current Costco member I am trying to figure out if its applicable if I suddenly join

I also saw the MBCA club has a discount but apparently only for members who have 1 year + standing... doh!

cheers,
vorius
Old 10-05-2012, 04:07 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Fleet manager is not a myth. And they will deal on a single car. Not a big deal. Matter of fact is may be an every day occurrence depending on size of dealership. Call dealers and ask for "internet dept" then present them with a price that you want them to beat.

Do a forum search for "invoice" for all the negotitation tips you heart desires. Search is your friend.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML 350
I just bought a 2013 Gas with MSRP at $57455 and paid 54,008 MINUS an additional $2K USAA Incentive (Total paid was 52,008 plus the taxes etc). This was through a normal dealer in Tampa Fl, they offered a standard 6% off, then did a little better (dropped price to cover the "dealer fee" they had to charge) and brought up the USAA incentive. Very happy with the 52K I paid! Got a Black 350 (Gas) 2wd with PO1 Package, Wood/leather wheel, Lighting Package, Trailer hitch, harman Kardon, Running boards, pre wire for rear seat entertainment (no choice here....), keyless go, and lane tracking package.