M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

SoCal/Cal Dealers rec.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X5
SoCal/Cal Dealers rec.

Any recommendations for SoCal/Cal dealers who like to work under invoice pricing?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 AM

X5
Any one?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by CraigL
Any one?

I can recommend, but in terms of suggesting a strategy, could you tell me where you are located in So. Cal? Are you close to Newport Beach? Or in LA?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM

2013 ML350 Bluetec; 2004 E55 AMG
Try David Bae at House of Imports or Darcy at Mercedes Anaheim
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM

2013 ML550 Paladium Silver/Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by john in norcal
Yes, I as going to suggest House of Imports as well, since they seem to be among the most aggressive price-wise and will offer you a good deal straight-off.

Although if you live in Orange County, you can then walk your deal over to Fletcher Jones and they should match it. Then with FJ you get the other perks, like free Airport Parking for John Wayne Airport, free car washes, etc., but don't let them use that to talk up the price.

[Update: While FJ promises to be competitive, in my more recent experience, when it finally comes down to it, they are not. So, forget them.]

Last edited by Masterbuyer; 01-07-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL600
Originally Posted by Masterbuyer
Although if you live in Orange County, you can then walk your deal over to Fletcher Jones and they should match it. Then with FJ you get the other perks, like free Airport Parking for John Wayne Airport, free car washes, etc., but don't let them use that to talk up the price.
Do they offer MBZ loaners if your car is in the shop for longer than a day? Does any SoCal MBZ dealer do that these days?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM

X5
Originally Posted by gplank
I can recommend, but in terms of suggesting a strategy, could you tell me where you are located in So. Cal? Are you close to Newport Beach? Or in LA?
Irvine and Artesia.

I got good review of House of imports from edmunds as well.

How much under invoice I should ask from David? MSRP for my build is ~$62855.

Thanks guys!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Originally Posted by Capn
Do they offer MBZ loaners if your car is in the shop for longer than a day? Does any SoCal MBZ dealer do that these days?
FJ has mostly C-class cars as loaners with a few non-MB mixed in. Anaheim has mostly Toyota Camrys as loaners w/ a few MB if you get there early enough.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Irvine and Artesia.

I got good review of House of imports from edmunds as well.

How much under invoice I should ask from David? MSRP for my build is ~$62855.

Thanks guys!!
Tell him that you need his absolute best price and you are ready to buy today. You may be happily surprised with the price he offers you right away. Different sales people there may give you different discounts. Make sure you talk to David.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 PM

X5
Tell him that you need his absolute best price and you are ready to buy today. You may be happily surprised with the price he offers you right away. Different sales people there may give you different discounts. Make sure you talk to David.
Will do,

btw I need to do custom order. "buy today" might refer to pick something off of lot.

Does he work off MSRP or invoice? so that I can do my numbers.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM

Will do,

btw I need to do custom order. "buy today" might refer to pick something off of lot.

Does he work off MSRP or invoice? so that I can do my numbers.
He offered me a large discount off invoice that included the Winter Event savings. If you custom order, your final discount may be dependent on whatever Mercedes incentives are available when your car arrives.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
We just completed a deal with MB of Foothill Ranch in South OC and couldn't be happier. They gave us an excellent price (over 10% off sticker) $2k above KBB trade value for our MDX and 1.99% financing on the balance. The process was seamless and actually very pleasant. GM tossed in a set of all weather mats at the end as a Christmas gift to my wife. Ask for Greg Roberts - GM Great guy to work with.

C-Class loaners for service
Free Car wash Tues / Thur / Sat
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2023 GLE 53
Anybody have an opinion about the Costco deal. About $1000 over dealer invoice.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM

amg
Was working with David on deal for a new ML550.

He then informed they do not sell cars out of state, it is company policy. Had to have California drivers license, pay CA sales tax, and license.

I have never encountered that, purchased many cars out of state. If I pick it up out of state, I usually pay their sales tax. I am known to travel to get the deal I want.

Sound strange to anyone?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
House of Imports is owned by AutoNation - a big nationwide chain with over 200+ dealerships. They probably don't want their dealers to compete with each other across state line.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM

amg
Originally Posted by another_geek
House of Imports is owned by AutoNation - a big nationwide chain with over 200+ dealerships. They probably don't want their dealers to compete with each other across state line.
That is what I was thinking. But I have bought from Audi Newport Beach which is an AutoNation dealer before. But that was years ago, maybe they changed their policy.

Just seem odd because I will just end going somewhere else and most likely not an AutoNation dealer. So they are losing business, weird policy to have...if true.

Last edited by blipit; 01-04-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by blipit
Was working with David on deal for a new ML550.

He then informed they do not sell cars out of state, it is company policy. Had to have California drivers license, pay CA sales tax, and license.

I have never encountered that, purchased many cars out of state. If I pick it up out of state, I usually pay their sales tax. I am known to travel to get the deal I want.

Sound strange to anyone?
The reason they won't sell to non-local buyers is that too many people are buying these cars purely for export and shipping/selling them to overseas for huge profits to people who try to avoid paying high import tax on cars in their home countries (eg. most Asian countries). When these cars get traced back to the originating US dealer, the dealer loses a part of its allocation on high demand cars. To avoid this risk, some dealers choose not to sell to people out of state.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
So - juat so I understand - the question is what S. California Mercedes dealer wants to custom order ML550 out of their allocation to be sold "under invoice" to a out-of-state buyer ?

Personally, I would recommend patient scouting the net for when a ML550 that comes close to meeting your "specs" pops up in inventory..

But hey, good luck !
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 AM

2013 ML550 Paladium Silver/Brown Satin Ash
I had good luck with Carwoo.com in receiving some very competitive bids at or below invoice on an ML550. In the comment box, paste in the exact configuration you're looking for (the check boxes don't have all the current options). Use the dealer ordering guide found elsewhere on this message board to spec out the option order numbers. Even if they have to order it for you, they'll still bid on it.

BTW: While SoCal dealers have issues with selling or shipping cars out of state, they might be willing to lease to you. You could then buy it out after the first month. Also, state tax is applied to every monthly lease invoice. So, if the car and lease changes its address to anther state, it's taxed at that new state's sales tax rate. While this all sounds like a hassle, SoCal dealers are the most competitive, since there are so many of them.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
"BTW: While SoCal dealers have issues with selling or shipping cars out of state, they might be willing to lease to you. You could then buy it out after the first month. Also, state tax is applied to every monthly lease invoice. So, if the car and lease changes its address to anther state, it's taxed at that new state's sales tax rate."

Conjecture on what a dealer might or might not do for a out-of-state buyer is just that - conjecture...and there is definitely a misunderstanding regarding the mechanism of leasing and state requirements...just so you know, MAJORITY of states of registration charge full sales tax on the acquisition cost of a leased vehicle, in those states similar to sales tax collected on a purchased vehicle....
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 AM

2010 E63
If someone is still in need of a sales contact, I have a great advisor that I have been buying cars from front the last few years in So OC. He always gets the best prices by far. I used to go to FJ in Newport, but as someone else stated above, they could not just come in with the best deal.

Shoot me a PM if you want more info on my contact.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 AM

amg
Originally Posted by Masterbuyer
I had good luck with Carwoo.com in receiving some very competitive bids at or below invoice on an ML550. In the comment box, paste in the exact configuration you're looking for (the check boxes don't have all the current options). Use the dealer ordering guide found elsewhere on this message board to spec out the option order numbers. Even if they have to order it for you, they'll still bid on it.

BTW: While SoCal dealers have issues with selling or shipping cars out of state, they might be willing to lease to you. You could then buy it out after the first month. Also, state tax is applied to every monthly lease invoice. So, if the car and lease changes its address to anther state, it's taxed at that new state's sales tax rate. While this all sounds like a hassle, SoCal dealers are the most competitive, since there are so many of them.
I have purchased numerous cars from California. I don't lease cars, never had a problem getting cars from Cali. All you have to do is pay California sales tax if you pick it up there.

It must just be an AutoNation thing. Seems like good way to lose out on some sales. But AutoNation is huge, so they probably don't give a sh*t.

Anyways decided to go a different route, I have my eyes set on a X6M.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
The reason they won't sell to non-local buyers is that too many people are buying these cars purely for export and shipping/selling them to overseas for huge profits to people who try to avoid paying high import tax on cars in their home countries (eg. most Asian countries). When these cars get traced back to the originating US dealer, the dealer loses a part of its allocation on high demand cars. To avoid this risk, some dealers choose not to sell to people out of state.
This is 100% correct. My friend is a Lexus dealer here in SFlorida and they lose not only allocation but holdback as well.
Legit dealers play by the rules & invest in customer service.