M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Taste of Harman Kardon System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ml-250
Taste of Harman Kardon System

I know the system is for all kind of music when you set the desired level of the treble and bass, but I love to listen to rock and jazz more.
I have all the albums of Dire Straits but I love to listen to the "On Every Street" album.
First song is "Fade To Black". Please listen in the morning or at night time at a silent environment, with the car engine off, treble +10, bass +7, fade -5, logic 7, at low volume.
Second song is "You And Your Friend". This time same settings with a high level of volume without deteriorating the basses, whlie driving.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 PM

S550, SRX, ML550
I actually personally dislike really high levels of treble and bass - every time I get in a rental car I have to set the radio back to normal levels because +10 on everything sounds terrible to me. However it seems that everyone else enjoys listening to music this way because those extreme setting are found in almost every rental car I've driven?!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM

2012 ml-250
I love high treble because it makes music shinier, brighter, of course related with high quality source and system. But bass is different because it can easily get distorted and exceed the limits of woofer or bass speakers. Also, in my ML, I tried a Marantz demo CD for home theaters and with even low bass levels I heard shaking, vibrating front door components.