MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   W166 COMAND ONLINE Engineering Mode Description (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/498871-w166-comand-online-engineering-mode-description.html)

cjamesqb8 07-13-2020 11:54 PM

Thank you for positing this, It really help me get my satellite radio back, without having to go to the dealership.

cjamesqb8 07-13-2020 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by cguerrero (Post 8091938)
I had the same problem, GL450 with NTG 4.7 with H/K System, enabled AUX in engineering mode and lost sound, Satellite radio and Media Interface, it's taken me a few days but finally figured it out. If you enable AUX in 7.7 HU Parameters , then UCI in 7.5 TGW will show not installed and grayed out which is Media Interface, correct settings for me to get sound, satellite radio and media interface back was as follows:

7.7 HU Parameters - AUX - Not Installed
then go to:
7.5 TGW Parameter
Most - ON
Audio Source - External Amp
DAB - not installed
SDARS - installed (this is satellite radio)
UCI - installed (this is Media Interface)
TV Tuner - not installed

then perform a 9.1 System Reset
In my menu NTG Menu then I had both Media Interface and AUX after this, my MI cable connector has both a 3.5mm input cable and Ipod cable, if connect to the 3.5mm I select AUX in my menu, if I want to use my IPOD I select Media Interface.

Hope this helps, save time for some.

Thank you for posting this, it really help me get my satellite radio back without having to go to the dealership.

gianluca39675 10-14-2020 08:39 AM

Hi
you made a great job!
Do you know if exist a method (in the engineering menu) to restore the default navigation maps? I've no any DVD or SD with original maps.
Thank you lots!

we47b1me 10-15-2020 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by gianluca39675 (Post 8178894)
Hi
you made a great job!
Do you know if exist a method (in the engineering menu) to restore the default navigation maps? I've no any DVD or SD with original maps.
Thank you lots!

no.

take the advice given to you in the fb group. You messed up your COMAND unit. Gotta deal with the consequences. Next time, just use f’ing Waze like the rest of the world. 😁

Sudath 01-29-2021 12:58 AM

Hi, Thanks for the information on engineering mode. It is very useful.
I am trying to enable Audio AUX input. From what I understood, the only thing I have change is change Audio Source - External Amp. and restart?

Currently my 7.7 HU Parameters - AUX - Not Installed and grey out. Will this fix the aux input?
I have attached the current setting here.

Hope you can help.

Sudath
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...03dd48d23b.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...351bfde101.jpg

we47b1me 01-31-2021 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sudath (Post 8258720)
Hi, Thanks for the information on engineering mode. It is very useful.
I am trying to enable Audio AUX input. From what I understood, the only thing I have change is change Audio Source - External Amp. and restart?

Currently my 7.7 HU Parameters - AUX - Not Installed and grey out. Will this fix the aux input?
I have attached the current setting here.

Hope you can help.

Sudath
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...03dd48d23b.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...351bfde101.jpg

what are you trying to do with the aux input? Need more info

Sudath 01-31-2021 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by we47b1me (Post 8260107)
what are you trying to do with the aux input? Need more info

I am trying to install an apple carplay unit from Joyeauto. I need to enable Audio AUX for sound. (https://www.joyeauto.com/mercedes-be...play-solution/)

It would be great if you can help.

Sudath

csbracing316 01-31-2021 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sudath (Post 8260113)
I am trying to install an apple carplay unit from Joyeauto. I need to enable Audio AUX for sound. (https://www.joyeauto.com/mercedes-be...play-solution/)

It would be great if you can help.

Sudath

Do NOT go into engineering mode and mess around. You can VERY easily brick you COMAND headunit. Trust me, I bricked mine trying to do the exact thing you are trying to do and it cost me an insane amount of money and headaches. $1000 to be reconfigured by a Mercedes engineer and took me 2 months to even find a guy that could do it. He worked for the factory. The dealer couldn’t even fix it TJ get wanted to sell me a new headunit for like $3000-4000. Just run the aux cable from the Joyauto CarPlay box to your center console and use the proper adapter...possibly a usb to analog or the MMI adapter. You’ve been warned...

M20HEC 04-21-2021 04:30 PM

No more sounds after following instruction from youtube to add the Auxilliary.

Originally Posted by cguerrero;8091938i
I had the same problem, GL450 with NTG 4.7 with H/K System, enabled AUX in engineering mode and lost sound, Satellite radio and Media Interface, it's taken me a few days but finally figured it out. If you enable AUX in 7.7 HU Parameters , then UCI in 7.5 TGW will show not installed and grayed out which is Media Interface, correct settings for me to get sound, satellite radio and media interface back was as follows:

then go to:
7.5 TGW Parameter
Most - ON
DAB - not installed
TV Tuner - not installed

In my menu NTG Menu then I had both Media Interface and AUX after this, my MI cable connector has both a 3.5mm input cable and Ipod cable, if connect to the 3.5mm I select AUX in my menu, if I want to use my IPOD I select Media Interface.

Hi i got the same problem no sounds to all but all works on the monitor. It happens when i followed from youtube about how to add an Aux to audio. After following and open the engineering mode all sounds are gone. I got ML 350 2012 model. Please could someone help me to fix this. Thanks

paulwith 07-26-2021 04:31 PM

Can I resurrect this thread and ask if there is anything in the engineering menus to fix my TV split screen.
The TV fades as it should in motion but when I switch to split screen for the passenger that side defaults to "Mercedes APPS" whilst the driver sees the warning display.
Thanks
:nix:

borocom 07-26-2021 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ilke.senol (Post 5644104)
Hi everyone!
I am one of the lucky ones by owning a brand new MY13 ML350 4Matic (W166). After reading some comments about COMAND ONLINE, I've decided to discover it myself. I was able to get into the engineering mode by "end call + 1 + #" key combination pressed for about 10 sec. There is also another secret menu after entering the engineering mode as mentioned in some threads in this forum. I managed to enter the second menu with the key combination "end call + 4 + #" after entering the engineering menu. I prepared an instruction with screens from COMAND ONLINE in the attachment for those who wants to bring some cool features on to their COMAND system. I must warn though, you can mess up with your settings. So, don't change anything if you are not sure what you are doing.

Good Luck

Thanks for your detailed information. Please how do I add 360 degree camera screen from the engineering mode?

paulwith 08-02-2021 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by paulwith (Post 8382939)
Can I resurrect this thread and ask if there is anything in the engineering menus to fix my TV split screen.
The TV fades as it should in motion but when I switch to split screen for the passenger that side defaults to "Mercedes APPS" whilst the driver sees the warning display.
Thanks
:nix:

Anyone?

we47b1me 08-02-2021 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by paulwith (Post 8387552)
Anyone?

Wrote you back when you put this on Facebook.

paulwith 08-02-2021 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by we47b1me (Post 8387557)
Wrote you back when you put this on Facebook.

Thanks but I don't do Facebook so not to me?

Tofe1979 11-07-2021 11:56 AM

Dear all
I have x166 and missed up the settings.. Unfortunately the sound had gone completely when I select Aux Audio or Aux video, although my amplifier settings is set to External and Aux enabled and Most is ON.

Any clue how to reset entire menu to default or solve this problem

we47b1me 11-07-2021 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tofe1979 (Post 8450775)
Dear all
I have x166 and missed up the settings.. Unfortunately the sound had gone completely when I select Aux Audio or Aux video, although my amplifier settings is set to External and Aux enabled and Most is ON.

Any clue how to reset entire menu to default or solve this problem

There's no reset in COMAND. Has to be done by dealer SW. Most of these options, even though they seem like simple on/off switches unleash a lot of behind the scene other options that are toggled. It's like a script.

You need to explain exactly which options you futz'ed with in engineering mode.

Rule # 1 -- don't futz with engineering mode
Rule # 2 -- if you futz with engineering mode by not listening to rule #1, document EVERYTHING you futz with.

Tofe1979 11-07-2021 12:13 PM

Thanks for the Quick response.
I had mainly toggle between Internal and External Amplifier, Switch MOST ON/OFF enable and Disable Audio AUX.

Reason behind that, Tried to figure out how to connect new Mercedes MI cable with Type C and play Audio directly.

Endup screws the entire working system, last time the dealer charged me for 200 $ for reset

I hope such information is enough to assist incase anyone can assist.

Tofe1979 11-10-2021 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by cguerrero (Post 8091938)

then go to:
7.5 TGW Parameter
Most - ON
DAB - not installed
TV Tuner - not installed

Great
Helped a lot, lost almost 200 $ checking several fuses and removed entire passanger seat to check batteries compartment fuses.

I were always concerned with Aux On thoughts it should brought the Aux sound, turned out when UCI enabled, Aux enabled Automatically.

Tofe1979 11-10-2021 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by M20HEC (Post 8320104)
Hi i got the same problem no sounds to all but all works on the monitor. It happens when i followed from youtube about how to add an Aux to audio. After following and open the engineering mode all sounds are gone. I got ML 350 2012 model. Please could someone help me to fix this. Thanks

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9ce7ff488b.jpg
Follow this and your problems will be solved Keep me posted if further help needed

Junior15 03-16-2022 07:18 PM

How to enable massage setting from arm rest.

Hi all. My old radio died. I had to get used one and had an independent mechanic program the radio etc. I figured out all the other configurations except for the one that lets me access the massage seat from the convenience button next to the knob. When I press the massage button my screen goes blank. Any ideas on configuration for that ?

JAbinader 03-18-2022 08:34 AM

When entering engineering mode and making some changes do I just go to end? I do I need to do some kind of update? reset? Thank you

Oliver70 04-19-2022 10:39 AM

QUOTE=jrsmith_68;6942494

Originally Posted by jrsmith_68 (Post 6942494)
Do you have a working version of Vediamo and know how to find the correct .CBF to communicate with your COMAND unit? If so its pretty easy to walk you through it, if not let me know when you get the hardware and software.

I do have vediamo and the c4 , is it possible to get some instructions on how to find the .CBF and get ir right? Thank you