Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350
Red face I canceled my MBrace today. Feel bumpy

Canceled my MBrace 30 mins ago.
Feel Bumpy.
But I really don't feel like i need it.
I barely use the app or the service.

When i called in to cancel, the special service representative keeps saying, "if you get into an accident, this could save your life".
She repeated so many times, i felt like i was cursed.
After talking on the phone for 30 mins, she finally said, "okay I will go ahead cancel the service for you now. But before that, ill read you the disclaimer."
Then, once again, she repeated if i got involved into a car accident, the overhead panel will locked, it won't work. I won't be able to press the 【sos】 button, the emergency service won't be triggered, and so on so on.

After the 6 months trail, i had the service for a year.
And it was renewed two days, I don't whether I'm doing the right thing.
But I don't feel like, I need the MBrace.
Maybe later, I would pick it up again.

What's your guys thought?

【P,S." this is my first thread. Hello, buddies.】
Old 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE 450
It's a toss up. I have it and use it most when I send destinations from my computer, via goggle maps, right to the car. I've used the 'wrench' in my older ML a few times and apparently they can do some kind of a diagnostic over the system. Alot of the other stuff are things you hope you never use, like the SOS and crash notification, help if someone steals the vehicle etc. If the cost is no biggie then the once a year expense will give you some piece of mind. I must add that I have only the basic service and not any of the add ons. Good luck!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
My top three favorite features of mbrace, in no particular order:

1. Automatic crash response. This is hard to put a price on but it is peace of mind.
2. Sending a destination to my car directly from Google Maps. So convenient.
3. Remote lock. Strangely I appreciate this more than remote unlock. I have never locked my keys in my car, but I do sometimes wonder after I'm too far away from the car, "Did I lock my car?" No worries, just use the iPhone app to lock it whether it's already locked or not.

I also pay for the Plus service, mostly for the live traffic but sometimes it's nice to be able to ask a real person just about anything while driving. The most fun use of the Concierge was during a driving scavenger hunt.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
I kept MBrace even though I seldom use it. The features are nice if and when you need them and it does give a bit of piece of mind if in an accident or car is stolen. Perhaps the most important thing is the direct to car of google map destinations. I often need to look up an address for a trip and I simply send the map guidance to the car which is a whole lot easier than punching it in manually through the navigator. If you have the plus feature you can call the service rep and have them download it right then and there while you are driving. Also, the maps are always current. Without MBrace you have to spend something like $280 a year for map updates. For the same price you get MBrace which provides for current maps via google maps plus so much more.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 PM

2013 Metallic Silver ML350
I'm surprised people actually use mbrace. I haven't used the nav in my ML350 once, I prefer to use Waze for nav. The police reports are invaluable.

When my sales rep was doing his mandatory attempt to get me to take the trial he was subtly giving me the "don't bother" hint.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GL 450
Originally Posted by shortspark
Also, the maps are always current. Without MBrace you have to spend something like $280 a year for map updates. For the same price you get MBrace which provides for current maps via google maps plus so much more.

I'm confused -- how does MBrace affect the Navigation system's maps? Or are you talking about one of the MBrace apps?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:44 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Originally Posted by ciparis
I'm confused -- how does MBrace affect the Navigation system's maps? Or are you talking about one of the MBrace apps?
The navigator has maps in the system. Every so often you have to update them for a fee. Google maps on the internet are current so if you send them to your car you get the current map to your destination. At least that makes sense to me. The same with the MBrace service rep downloading the map to your destination. I'm sure MBrace has the latest maps so what he/she sends to your car should be current. I tried that once. I could not find an address on the navigator by punching it in manually. So I called MBrace, gave the rep my destination address and he sent it to me while I was driving. I followed the map he sent and got to my destination. That is the reason I think using MBrace will "update" your existing navigation map - at least for that particular destination you request from the rep or send to car via google maps.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,184 Likes on 851 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
MBrace

My wife managed to lock her key in the car, twice (it's hard, but there are at least two ways - ask me). Of course this was after we had let MBrace lapse - would have been nice to have. Having the accident notification for my wife is just peace of mind, to.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 560S
+1 dropped service. I live in the city.

I'm paying for smart phone with internet (and Google if need be) - if that doesn't work because of no signal MBrace wouldn't as well. Got internet at home as well, just how many times do they want us to buy these redundant services?

PS best deal going - Sirius Traffic $4.00/mo. overlays on the nav system. Even tells me when Obama closes the Expressway when he's in town.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 AM

Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
My wife managed to lock her key in the car, twice (it's hard, but there are at least two ways - ask me). Of course this was after we had let MBrace lapse - would have been nice to have. Having the accident notification for my wife is just peace of mind, to.
How do you lock the key inside ?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 AM

2013 ML550 2014 CLS550
To mbrace or not to mbrace

I have cancelled the mbrace plus features(media) and kept the basic service for theft, accident and mechanical assistance on my MY2013 ML550. I agree with other posters that all these services are available to me on my iphone, so why pay twice!

I am a staunch MB enthusiast and feel they are some of the best vehicles on the road. However this mbrace up charge is a sore spot with me. After buying a premium priced luxury vehicle some Stutgard bean counter feels it is still necessary to nickel and dime their customers with an annual user fee. Seems like this could be a marketing plus for MB rather than a built in after the sale extra.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by VicLaw
PS best deal going - Sirius Traffic $4.00/mo. overlays on the nav system. Even tells me when Obama closes the Expressway when he's in town.
I pay for mbrace Plus and Sirius Traffic. Traffic is so horrible in my area that I need all the help I can get.

Originally Posted by Waykool plantz
How do you lock the key inside ?
If you don't have Keyless Go, it's really easy. Lock the car. Open the trunk/hatch. Put the key in the trunk/hatch. Close the trunk lid or tailgate. The key is now locked inside the car. No one would do that on purpose but it's not difficult to do accidentally if you have the key in your hand and then need to put it down in order to rearrange something in the trunk, get something out of a bag, etc.

If you do have Keyless Go, it would sense that the key is in the car but the car is technically already locked, so I'm not exactly sure what would happen.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM

2012 ML 350
hm.....
I'll open the trunk door from the driver seat.
Then I closed the driving side door, and lock the car.
After I got things out of the trunk, I press the button on the tailgate.
The trunk will be closed, then the car will be lock automatically.
I have never lock my key in the car.

But happy to learn that.
At least, I'll remember not to leave the key in the trunk.

Originally Posted by balticgreen
I pay for mbrace Plus and Sirius Traffic. Traffic is so horrible in my area that I need all the help I can get.

If you don't have Keyless Go, it's really easy. Lock the car. Open the trunk/hatch. Put the key in the trunk/hatch. Close the trunk lid or tailgate. The key is now locked inside the car. No one would do that on purpose but it's not difficult to do accidentally if you have the key in your hand and then need to put it down in order to rearrange something in the trunk, get something out of a bag, etc.

If you do have Keyless Go, it would sense that the key is in the car but the car is technically already locked, so I'm not exactly sure what would happen.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM

2012 ML 350
I live in New Jersey, close to Manhattan.
Sirus traffic make sense for me.
But, the guiding will drive me crazy at peak hours.
She will read 5 minutes about the traffic jam.

Especially when i get into the city on weekends.
She will read non-stop like she's crazy.

I'll go back to MBrace I think.
But before that, I just want to know how does it feel to live without it.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 PM

2016 GL 450
You can turn off the traffic announcements. It's the first thing I do after adjusting the seats and mirrors on a new MB (no idea why they would make that abomination default to "on").
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 ML350 Bluetec for work, E550 for pleasure, & ML350 for my wife
I've never heard the traffic announcements in either my wife's 350 nor my 350 BT. I guess the dealer turned it off prior to delivery, thankfully.

RE: Traffic info. When my wife's vehicle came on 6 months, I had only continued minimal Sat radio subscription. She discovered that she missed the traffic graphics on the Nav screen, so I just recently re-subscribed for a minimal monthly fee. She is happy now.
Re: Embrace. I'll be cancelling mine shortly, as I'm coming up on 6 months since purchase. For me embrace has no benefits.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
IMO Mbrace is money burned.

You can do everything you need plus more with your smart phone.

These prices are flat out insane for Mbrace.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:02 PM

2014 ML350
Is it true that even though you dont have MBRACE and get into an accident if you push the SOS button it still connects ?