M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

damn refresh for mid 2014!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 Panamera GTS
damn refresh for mid 2014!

So I have my 2014 ML550 coming in soon and I just read that there is a refresh expected for the ml in mid 2014 according to Edmunds. I was hoping I didn't have to do a short lease(2 years) since it raised the price significantly, but will likely do it for sure now. I'm now second guessing my order to just wait, but I am so late into the process and close to delivery.

http://www.edmunds.com/model-year-changes/2015/#m

I do have an ML550 ordered so maybe the sport body wont be changed, but I'm fully expecting LED headlights to be updated and that is the #1 option that I want. Coming from a 2012 A6, it's one option worth having.
I'm sure the ml350 stock body styling will be updated as well as taillights.

I know some will say just enjoy the car, but I really don't like not having the latest and greatest. A refresh in 7 months at the earliest would leave 1.5 years left on a lease of an outdated car, not too bad?!

This could be a wrong estimate, does anyone have any insider knowledge so I can plan my lease?

Last edited by jtorrebl; 12-03-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 e63s wagon
i know nothing about the refresh but i do know that every 2-3 years new is old
Old 12-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
I highly doubt they will improve the function of the current headlights by going to LED. I am amazed by how powerful these ones are every time I drive at night.

As for taillights I was actually behind another new ML last night and was thinking how great the taillights look at night.

You delay the order and who knows if the 550's V8 will still be available as there are rumors of it being discontinued in favour of a biturbo 6.

I hear you on not wanting to lease right before a change though. Always good to get a new model. My 550 was the first one delivered by my dealership (or so they told me) last year.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
I know some will say just enjoy the car, but I really don't like not having the latest and greatest.
thats very sad and will cost you a hell of a lot of money in the long run.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Actually it's sad if you can't use your car payment to help you with business tax deductions.
I always lease, so I always have a business deduction. It won't be that expensive. I'd lose some money going to a 2 years lease, about $2-4k more over the span of the short lease but no big deal to me. I like spending money on cars. It's my only fun expense.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 PM

2020 Panamera GTS
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue
I highly doubt they will improve the function of the current headlights by going to LED. I am amazed by how powerful these ones are every time I drive at night.

As for taillights I was actually behind another new ML last night and was thinking how great the taillights look at night.

You delay the order and who knows if the 550's V8 will still be available as there are rumors of it being discontinued in favour of a biturbo 6.

I hear you on not wanting to lease right before a change though. Always good to get a new model. My 550 was the first one delivered by my dealership (or so they told me) last year.
The hids do perform well. My mom has the new gl and it is really good lighting. Just watch though MBZ is going led all around. The "new" E class has led standard even on the base model. S class too. New C class is yet to be seen.
I do like the tailings too, but that what refreshes always include, new lighting.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
So I have my 2014 ML550 coming in soon and I just read that there is a refresh expected for the ml in mid 2014 according to Edmunds. I was hoping I didn't have to do a short lease(2 years) since it raised the price significantly, but will likely do it for sure now. I'm now second guessing my order to just wait, but I am so late into the process and close to delivery.

http://www.edmunds.com/model-year-changes/2015/#m

I do have an ML550 ordered so maybe the sport body wont be changed, but I'm fully expecting LED headlights to be updated and that is the #1 option that I want. Coming from a 2012 A6, it's one option worth having.
I'm sure the ml350 stock body styling will be updated as well as taillights.

I know some will say just enjoy the car, but I really don't like not having the latest and greatest. A refresh in 7 months at the earliest would leave 1.5 years left on a lease of an outdated car, not too bad?!

This could be a wrong estimate, does anyone have any insider knowledge so I can plan my lease?
The "mid-2014" date is "based upon Edmund's best estimated projections".

It is a guess and if there is a refresh coming it will be for the 2014MY meaning that it will not be avail until August-October depending on model. I doubt refresh happens for MY2014 but it's possible.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM
27T

13ML BT
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Some people only buy from the sale rack and others see value in buying the latest full-priced merchandise. We need all types of different people to make the world go round. While the two different people may not understand the other's preference, neither desire is right or wrong.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM
27T

13ML BT
Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue

The ML's light package still impresses me every day. I'm surprised they are legal because of the brightness and area it covers. I can't imagine an upgrade to LED being that significant however I have not experienced the A6.

The thing that really bugs me about the tail lights is no LED for brake lights. And the brake lights are only one bulb. It makes me a bit uneasy because my previous cars and other Mercs have rows of LED brake lights which better alerts the driver behind you that you're braking. For being so safety oriented, MB really blew it there.

Last edited by 27T; 12-04-2013 at 10:40 AM.