M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Any other bluetec owners still experiencing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 ml350 bluetec, 08 bmw 135i, 12 F250 PSD
Any other bluetec owners still experiencing

bucking and stumbling? Our CPO 2012 ml350 bluetec has had this problem since we bought it 5 months ago. The issue happens when cold and gets worse when at operating temp....or during continued driving. Took the family to Chicago last week and I purposely only filled the tank 1/2 full at each filling station just to see if the bucking was a fuel related issue. The ml bucked, hesitated and jerked the entire trip, and on occasion had a hard time accelerating.
2 weeks ago I took it in for this reason and the dealer "flashed" the computer with the latest reprogram for this issue, but it did zero! I took it back in yesterday and the dealer calls saying they drove it for 90 min and it never displayed the bucking. I find this hard to believe, because I don't think I've ever drove it without it NOT bucking/hesitating. I told them i didn't want it back until fixed as my wife feels unsafe driving it.
They agreed to take another look tomorrow, but I'm not feeling very confident.
Has anyone else had this issue that was not fixed with the dealer reprogramming the computer...and if so was there anything else done to correct the issue?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:14 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Originally Posted by audimotion
bucking and stumbling? Our CPO 2012 ml350 bluetec has had this problem since we bought it 5 months ago. The issue happens when cold and gets worse when at operating temp....or during continued driving. Took the family to Chicago last week and I purposely only filled the tank 1/2 full at each filling station just to see if the bucking was a fuel related issue. The ml bucked, hesitated and jerked the entire trip, and on occasion had a hard time accelerating.
2 weeks ago I took it in for this reason and the dealer "flashed" the computer with the latest reprogram for this issue, but it did zero! I took it back in yesterday and the dealer calls saying they drove it for 90 min and it never displayed the bucking. I find this hard to believe, because I don't think I've ever drove it without it NOT bucking/hesitating. I told them i didn't want it back until fixed as my wife feels unsafe driving it.
They agreed to take another look tomorrow, but I'm not feeling very confident.
Has anyone else had this issue that was not fixed with the dealer reprogramming the computer...and if so was there anything else done to correct the issue?
My 13BT has been great. You should try to be in the car when they test it if again they don't feel anything.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 AM

12 ml350 bluetec, 08 bmw 135i, 12 F250 PSD
Yes, a ride along will be done today if they still cannot reproduce the issue.

Just wondering if anyone with a 2012 has had the reprogram done and it didn't fix the stumble issue....and what, if anything, the dealer did after to fix.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM

2012 ML 350 bluetec
I had a similar issues with my 2012 BT for about a 1 1/2 yrs. It ran rough with bucking and jerking until warmed up, then ran fine. The dealer changed a couple sensors, reflashed the computer and continually said there was nothing wrong. Check engine light eventually came on and after the 3rd time to the dealer with the light on, they decided the module that runs the sensors and tells the injectors how much fuel to deliver was faulty. Once that was replaced, the car has run perfectly. Don't take "there is nothing wrong" for a final answer.