M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

No more Ml350 bluetec? Are they crazy??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W166 on factory order :)
Originally Posted by Kaasmann
I just came back from Finland, Helsinki to be exact, where I met a fellow 350BT owner who stated he gets 61 miles to the gallon (US). He stated, yes the 350BT runs much leaner than North American BT's, but they don't meet European pollution guidelines, which is why the BT is going to 250BT.
Where is this person getting it from?

V6 engine.

Uprated and optimised for reduced fuel consumption, the V6 diesel engine for the ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC features common-rail technology and develops 190 kW (258 hp). Precise, fast piezo injectors, a high injection pressure of up to 1600 bar, and an optimised turbocharger combine to produce an immense peak torque of 620 Nm. This translates into effortlessly superior pulling power in all driving situations accompanied by a reduced environmental impact and lower fuel consumption. The figures bring home the benefits: compared with the nearest equivalent predecessor model, output is up to 23% higher while fuel consumption is reduced by up to 22%.

Both diesel engines are low on emissions thanks to the en-hanced BlueTEC technology and therefore already meet the requirements of tomorrow’s Euro 6 emission class. The BlueTEC catalytic converter technology cleans the exhaust gases, thereby making this diesel a more environmentally compatible drive system. In both models, the ECO start/stop function stops the engine when the car comes to a halt, while the optimised alternator management uses the engine’s coasting phases as well as the braking process in order to recuperate kinetic energy. Meanwhile the radiator shutter reduces the aerodynamic drag when the engine requires only moderate cooling. But that is not all: measures such as tyres with low rolling resistance, intelligently controlled ancillaries and optimised aerodynamics help to boost the car’s efficiency sustainably.

Link

The above is one of the brochures from MB Australia website. We have not heard the 350BT being phased out. We always had the choice of ML250 & ML350 in diesel the ML400 (TT V6), ML500 (V8) & the ML63 in petrol.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:17 PM

ml350 bluetec
Maybe they like to get better milage as it was 7.34 US$ per US Gallon, when I was there.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:59 PM

secret
Originally Posted by Binxx
We have not heard the 350BT being phased out. We always had the choice of ML250 & ML350 in diesel the ML400 (TT V6), ML500 (V8) & the ML63 in petrol.
Looks like ML350BT is over and done with:
https://mbworld.org/articles/ml400-4...015-ml-lineup/

This is not the redesign that I was waiting for. X5 gets an easy win.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
I love how people around here **** all over it before anyone has even had a chance to drive one.
It can't be an improvement. The best you can expect to hear is "...its not as bad as I thought it would be."

But to those waiting to order one see this European review To skip the interminable musical opening skip to 1 min 40 seconds.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
Frankly I don't think much of the video above. Looks like someone driving on backcountry roads at low speeds i.e. 60mph. Also looks like a MB flack who made the video. NOT impressed at all. A four cylinder diesel replacing a six cylinder and with much less hp does not cut it. I wouldn't even give the new one a passing thought as to buying it. A no starter if you will. And the video's trying to impress me with the engine cutting off at stop signs and restarting with little if any signs of it starting..............that is NOT impressive at all. Seems to avoid talking about the real performance of the four cylinder. LIke passing cars on the interstate, going up steep grades etc. bye