M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Map problems in San Jose, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 BlueTec
Map problems in San Jose, CA

My ML350 BlueTec Navigation system has an issue that Dealer can not figure it out.

On Highway 85 Northbound the map starts showing the upcoming exists with distances. When I was going under the signs showing the distances to those exists I noticed that they are around 2 miles different that what is being shown.

This is a typical scenario;
I set up a destination and traveling on the 85, the navigation shows that I have 3 miles to the exit. So I am on the left lane, one mile later navigation switches to the guidance mode and says exit now. How do I switch 4 lanes to get to my exit. Since the navigation knows and shows my location correctly, I think this is a software problem. It is pretty dangerous if you decide to follow the guidance of the navigation.

Any one else had a similar experience?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I have seen some crazy things while using my Nav in any of my vehicles. Not much you can do about it, the software and maps are not perfect. BUT, overall it works great for me.

I can't see what you are seeing is dangerous though. You need to use common sense and if you Nav system tell you to exit now when there is no exit . . . . well I hope you don't exit anyway.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350 bluetec
My all-season tires are on 20" rims, and there is no problem with NAV, but with 19" winter tires, there is a lot of difference, not only with NAV but also with the speedo. I'm doing about 6 kph slower than I thought. That's understandable (with the speedo), but then I never rely on the NAV anyway. Common sense is the practical solution.

Last edited by Kaasmann; 03-14-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: extended
Old 03-14-2015, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Originally Posted by Kaasmann
My all-season tires are on 20" rims, and there is no problem with NAV, but with 19" winter tires, there is a lot of difference, not only with NAV but also with the speedo. I'm doing about 6 kph slower than I thought. That's understandable (with the speedo), but then I never rely on the NAV anyway. Common sense is the practical solution.
My speedo if off even with the stock 21"...dealer says normal...reads 3-5 kms high