M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2014 ML350 Blue, Sound cuts out on left side randomly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 EQS 450 4MATIC SUV
Unhappy 2014 ML350 Blue, Sound cuts out on left side randomly

I currently have an audio problem with my 2014 ML350 Bluetech that I have taken to the dealer several times and they can't find a problem when they test it; and say they can't do anything if there is no code related to the issue in the computer.

The problem is that randomly as I drive down the road the sound goes from being stereo to just coming out of the right speakers. I have not found a common event that causes this. It will do it if I am listing to Satellite radio, the hardware connected iPod, the FM radio or the internal hard drive.

After mentioning this to the service team for the last couple of service visits and getting the answer that they can't fix what they can't verify. I am getting a little irritated. They say they have checked it out but it seems they should have something they can try.

Has anyone had this issue or is this issue only with my vehicle? I have searched the posts, performed Google searches and have not found anything similar to my issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
I don't have this problem but lets talk logically,
If its not permanent that amp is working, it can be simple loose connector on the amp.
Try to disable Logic 7 if you have it.
Does one channel goes down when music is loud?
Old 06-27-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 EQS 450 4MATIC SUV
Hey DanD
It drops out like you are changing the balance from center to right speaker. It is not an abrupt switch to the right speaker.
I don't have Logic 7
Loudness has no impact to the difference from left to right.
The dealer supposedly checked the module more than once for loose connectors.

additionally, if I move the balance all the way to the left I do get some sound. Most of the time after the vehicle has been turned off, the sound will resort to normal when the vehicle is restarted. I have tried turning the audio system off when it is happening but it doesn't change when I turn it back on; it may take a time before it resets.