M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

How many miles / years do you expect from your ML?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
2006 ML250

Originally Posted by DanD.
Hi All,
Just wondering what is your expectations?

Personally, I have 2014 blutec with 73K on it.
I hope to get it going up to 100-120K.
06 ML350 (AWD) fully loaded - 214,686 miles and running strong. (Arizona Vehicle)

We have owned this 06 from day one - picked it up with zero miles, Gas powered engine, While it was the first year of this new body design we decided to give it a shot. We were in the market for a luxury SUV, and felt nothing on the market, quite looked as nice as this body style. The vehicle is very stable and smooth at highways speeds (and then some) and is one of the nicest performing vehicles we have owned. While we opted out of the aftermarket warranty, We quickly learned this was a mistake. Replacement parts and repairs are expensive on these vehicles and we found ourselves forking out of pocket for expensive repairs.

During the first two years of ownership, we put 20-30K on the vehicle, replaced a front differential, cam sensors, seals and some other incidentals along the way.
as others have stated, maintaining the vehicle is key, but we didn't go over board on oil changes, we stuck to the factory specs, (even when they changed) We used Mercedes fluids for all changes at every 12-14k miles and still running strong. Originally Trans fluid was dumped and re-filled at 50K. no other services to the trans.

Long story short, as long as these vehicles are maintained they will run forever, We are looking to finally get a new one this year,

Don't pass on a service plan where appropriate and Always buy the extended warranty!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 185 Likes on 151 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jeffalxndr
06 ML350 (AWD) fully loaded - 214,686 miles and running strong. (Arizona Vehicle)

We have owned this 06 from day one - picked it up with zero miles, Gas powered engine, While it was the first year of this new body design we decided to give it a shot. We were in the market for a luxury SUV, and felt nothing on the market, quite looked as nice as this body style. The vehicle is very stable and smooth at highways speeds (and then some) and is one of the nicest performing vehicles we have owned. While we opted out of the aftermarket warranty, We quickly learned this was a mistake. Replacement parts and repairs are expensive on these vehicles and we found ourselves forking out of pocket for expensive repairs.

During the first two years of ownership, we put 20-30K on the vehicle, replaced a front differential, cam sensors, seals and some other incidentals along the way.
as others have stated, maintaining the vehicle is key, but we didn't go over board on oil changes, we stuck to the factory specs, (even when they changed) We used Mercedes fluids for all changes at every 12-14k miles and still running strong. Originally Trans fluid was dumped and re-filled at 50K. no other services to the trans.

Long story short, as long as these vehicles are maintained they will run forever, We are looking to finally get a new one this year,

Don't pass on a service plan where appropriate and Always buy the extended warranty!!!
How can you call car reliable if in first 20-30K you have replaced: replaced a front differential, cam sensors, seals and some other incidentals and you mention other expensive repairs.
From brands like Mercedes I was expecting no mechanical issues before 150K mark. If that was that kind of start, how much did you spend on this car to get this far?

Insurance companies are there for their profits not for you, risks were calculated properly, I don't believe in it, I understand some have issues and regret not having extended warranties but most
of the customers passing coverage limit without claims. How many cases when car brakes in a few months after coverage ends?
I was offered 75K miles extended warranty, I have passed this mark and have no issues, so far. So I have saved a few $K.