M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Full delete W166 Bluetec 2012

Old 04-29-2018, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 Blue Tec
Full delete W166 Bluetec 2012

I would love to hear from someone who has done this for recommendations as who to use and who not to use. Seems that when I mention Bluetec everyone goes quiet Was it worth while, have you got reliability, more power and better fuel consumption. Please let me know as I have to do something real quick now.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 142 Likes on 128 Posts
2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2020 CRV-AWD
Why? What's the urgency to do this?

I've personally never read about anyone doing this. Not to mention that I don't think it's socially acceptable today, what with so much emphasis on ecology etc. Not preaching here, I'm one of those who years ago would pull the smog pumps and EGR's off my cars. Just saying, times be a changin'....
Old 04-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by harryticker
I would love to hear from someone who has done this for recommendations as who to use and who not to use. Seems that when I mention Bluetec everyone goes quiet Was it worth while, have you got reliability, more power and better fuel consumption. Please let me know as I have to do something real quick now.
Couple of points: Once removed, recommend all components be retained. In the future, if when its decided to trade in the vehicle, all the pollution control components previously removed will need to be reinstalled, and operational. My experience is, reputable dealers most likely will not accept a trade in with a noncompliant exhaust system.

Further, there is extensive software associated with the pollution control hardware. If the hardware is tampered with/removed this software will require extensive revision. Don't think such revision exists.

On the plus side someone living in Russia has engineered a device that purportedly defeats the software when the hardware is removed. There are several threads here discussing this device.