M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Replacing Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 12:11 AM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Replacing Instrument Cluster

I have a 2015 ML350 and found a 2016 GLE43 Instrument Cluster (part that has Speedo , tack and warning lights) . The 2016 cluster has the checkered AMG dials but everything looks the same.Both have same 160 speedo and tach readout. I checked a OEM Mercedes part list and it shows a rebuilt cluster that fits both the 2016 GLE350 and GLE43. It list two separate ones : one that has auto cruise feature and one that doesn't. My 2015 does not have this feature and IM not sure if 2015 ML ever had it.

Does anyone see a problem with swapping them out.? Also I check on 2017 GLE43s and their cluster is different in that they have 180 mph speedo and have AMG letter on the dials.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
Originally Posted by Isawelvis
I have a 2015 ML350 and found a 2016 GLE43 Instrument Cluster (part that has Speedo , tack and warning lights) . The 2016 cluster has the checkered AMG dials but everything looks the same.Both have same 160 speedo and tach readout. I checked a OEM Mercedes part list and it shows a rebuilt cluster that fits both the 2016 GLE350 and GLE43. It list two separate ones : one that has auto cruise feature and one that doesn't. My 2015 does not have this feature and IM not sure if 2015 ML ever had it.

Does anyone see a problem with swapping them out.? Also I check on 2017 GLE43s and their cluster is different in that they have 180 mph speedo and have AMG letter on the dials.
my thinking is that it should work but all the newer features that you see on the GLE43/350 wont work and it will stop same max speed as the ML currently has on the speedometer. Christheswede and the other member who did a facelift with the LED front lamps (really impressive btw) are good people to ask because i know chris changed out his instrument cluster
Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
In today's world - you open up a big kettle of fish by swapping out clusters...
Old 03-13-2022, 02:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
That's going require work

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
In today's world - you open up a big kettle of fish by swapping out clusters...
To get a mbux style screen is not issue but get oem is much more involved. Same with digital cluster. If your dead set on upgrading it can be done but not as easy as one would think. If your good or know guy install then contact elebest with all your info thru might be able send you harness. Sourcing parts is not difficult just getting them communicate while maintaining proper functionality. There are 3rd party options that are not to bad I would buy used new SCLASS or Eclass save myself trouble remember , "never get attached to a car" unless there's some sentimental reason then I guess bit generally... u know might be easier and you could end up with even more features like massage seats right now it's WORST TIME however for trying find used cars everywhere ppl have picked thrugh them so I have friend with auctions license that might be an option find one at auction clean title etc . Dunno your financial situation so hard say what do. In know seeing these guys do it makes it seem easy but there was hours coding involved betc

Ntg 5.5 not 6 but essentially similar
Old 03-16-2022, 04:29 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 ML550 AMG package
Normally the cluster deals with all the imobilizer operations also so you would prob need to get the cluster, ignition keys and ignition key barrel, keyless go and all associated eCU’s and possibly the main ecu from the same 2016 GLE so they are all paired together. Then you would prob need to pair every other module in the car to the new main ECU because the VIN numbers will be different. And then the mileage discrepancy issues…. That’s how it works with Audis anyways…. Easiest way would be to find an aftermarket solution or find someone who programs instrument clusters and ask them if they can reprogram the GLE cluster to work in your ML.