Ontario or Quebec ML350 tuning and DPF/EGR delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:34 AM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
ML350
Ontario or Quebec ML350 tuning and DPF/EGR delete

hi everyone,

Looking for some recommendations from fellow Ontario or Quebec ML owners. Currently I have a 2014 ML350 that still has 1 year left on the CPO warranty. Already I have paid out of pocket to replace Nox sensors since that wasn't covered, and right now I have a CEL 20BE1B output for heating element of adblue registered tank has a malfunction, which also is not covered by the CPO warranty. The Nox sensors were costly to replace and it looks like the adblue heater unit is also. I should've listened to a friend and ripped out the dpf/egr right when I got the car. Now instead of fixing the adblue tank heater (seems to be driving fine so far, but colder days are coming and im getting worried it will go into limp mode if the DEF stops flowing) i'd like to get the dpf and egr removed/bypassed and the car tuned. Preferably in a way that is reversible for when i sell the car. I've found a couple of places in southwest Ontario that do tuning, but nothing regarding the dpf or egr. I know this isn't allowed for street use and that may be why no place is advertising it, I'm not too worried since this isn't my daily driver. If necessary I would be willing to drive the car to Quebec to get this done as I think there are more options there, but in southwestern Ontario would be better and I'm sure there are plenty of places around.

Also, does anything that allows changing the type of tune on the fly (economy vs power) exist for the ML? while researching i saw a lot like that for pick up trucks. it would come with a little gps like display that would allow you to change the ecu tune for power or economy driving.

for tuning here are some places i found but haven't been able to get a hold of on the phone yet to discuss whether they would do the dpf/egr along with the tune...
Pfaff tuning does Renntech
JR Auto Tuning does Mega Speed
Eurocharged

any feedback/recommendations would be really appreciated. feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable posting a recommended shop/mechanic.

Going to also repost this in a few other sub-forums on MBWorld for hopefully more visibility.

thanks in advance
Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 142 Likes on 128 Posts
2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2020 CRV-AWD
https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...gr-delete.html
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
ML350
Hey Peter and thanks. I did read that thread and also tried searching the forums for some Ontario recommended shops already, and unfortunately as you mentioned I'm unsure if that op is from Canada or not, and no mentions of shops/places to get it done. The closest/best thing I found was your reference to a shop that did everything for you dpf/def/egr and also did it in a way that would be reversible. Your posts have been very informative and helpful in my hunt for ml350 knowledge.

I'd have to call some of the tuning shops I did find and see what they say when I ask about dpf/def/egr delete to be done with the tune.