M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

HELP: iPhone Ringer Volume on COMAND System

Old 04-03-2019, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes ML350 4Matic AMG Line, 2013 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, 2012 Volkswagen Touareg V6 SEL
Exclamation HELP: iPhone Ringer Volume on COMAND System

Hi All,

So my iPhone 7 is paired via BT with the COMAND system to take calls. When the phone used to ring, the ringer would also ring through the car speakers (Muting or pausing any Media source that was playing).

Oddly now - the ringer does not sound at all when ringing. My phone ringer is on and set to a moderate to high level. I noticed that when I set the iPhone ringer to mute it began ringing again on the speakers. But again when turning the ringer on, the COMAND system is muting the ringer through the speakers.

Is there anything I can do to keep both ringing as before? Please do help as my 70+ old dad drives the ML and cannot hear the ringer anymore!

Please help! Thanks all.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
14 ML350 4MATIC
I would double check the Do Not Disturb setting on your iPhone. If "active" is set to "When connected to car bluetooth", it may not ringing. It is little odd because you can hear when the phone is muted though...
Good Luck!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by battlecat
Hi All,

So my iPhone 7 is paired via BT with the COMAND system to take calls. When the phone used to ring, the ringer would also ring through the car speakers (Muting or pausing any Media source that was playing).

Oddly now - the ringer does not sound at all when ringing. My phone ringer is on and set to a moderate to high level. I noticed that when I set the iPhone ringer to mute it began ringing again on the speakers. But again when turning the ringer on, the COMAND system is muting the ringer through the speakers. . .
I noticed the same thing on an incoming call just the other day... Rang on the phone but not thru COMMAND. If it happens again, I will try to resolve by deauthorising/ delisting the phone from BT and then re-pairing from scratch.

Also odly, noticed the same day that cruise control could only be engaged at a previously used 70 MPH no matter how I disengaged & reset, it wouldnt accept a currently cruising speed of 55 as a new value. I had to tap the lever 5 mph at a time down to 55, but then it would only re-engage at 55 no matter what my current speed was.

Got home, parked and the next day all was well & working as usual at startup.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes ML350 4Matic AMG Line, 2013 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, 2012 Volkswagen Touareg V6 SEL
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I noticed the same thing on an incoming call just the other day... Rang on the phone but not thru COMMAND. If it happens again, I will try to resolve by deauthorising/ delisting the phone from BT and then re-pairing from scratch.

Also odly, noticed the same day that cruise control could only be engaged at a previously used 70 MPH no matter how I disengaged & reset, it wouldnt accept a currently cruising speed of 55 as a new value. I had to tap the lever 5 mph at a time down to 55, but then it would only re-engage at 55 no matter what my current speed was.

Got home, parked and the next day all was well & working as usual at startup.
I deauthorized phone and repaired - but the problem persists. Definitely not hardware as everything works as it should - just the Ringer does not. One reader on Benzworld suggested fiddling with the volume on COMAND while the phone is actually ringing. I will try that and the quoted iPhone Do Not Disturb mode check.

@Barry45RPM - Your cruise control problem sounds far more scary!

Thanks all - any other suggestions? Will keep you all posted if I resolve this.

Last edited by battlecat; 04-04-2019 at 12:12 AM.