M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Need help fixing AUX with no sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GL 550 + 2010 GLK 350
Thank you both for the great insight!
So I am using an off brand interface bought off Amazon. Will try to source a MB or Audi one right away.
As it relates to Internal or External Amp, mine was always on Internal but seeing your message, I switched it to External and locked the car, will wait for a couple hours and try again. If it fails, I'll revert to internal amp again and do the same again.
Sourcing an OEM adapter will also help if that was the problem. I'll report back into this thread for future reference as well.

All these aside, you are an amazing bunch. After all these years, still coming back to the forum trying to help people you don't even know is such an elegant move, I am sending extra karma points your way sirs!
Old 11-11-2023, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GL 550 + 2010 GLK 350
Originally Posted by MBUser901
So I did get it working like it should but it was totally random. I think something to do with how the Mercedes doesn't "power off" properly why you try to alternate between the external and internal amp settings. I need to check when I get home but basically just randomly going through instructions (which mine were wrong, it was saying to keep it on external amp) and when I let the car rest while set on internal amp, it suddenly started working. I don't remember specifically doing anything different but it was definitely and oddity related to Mercedes car not properly resetting that somehow made it work.

I know that's not super helpful (I'm out of town so not near my car to remember the specific menu options) but I'd say keep going through the process where you're in the dev menu, set to internal amp, then scroll all the way to bottom and do the reset, let it sit. It should eventually work once Mercedes properly decides to recognize it
Ok i have to circle back to this one because that is 100% correct.
I was switching back and forth on the Internal AMP/External AMP setting but nothing was changing.
This time I followed your advice and changed the setting, locked the car and waited for 2 hours before trying again.
What happened is this:
- I changed internal amp setting to external amp
- When I got back into the car after a few hours, I lost the entire sound. The main head unit audio (Radio, SiriusXM etc.) stopped working altogether.
- I entered engineering menu, reverted to Internal Amp and then reset the system from the Engineering Menu and right there and then I regained head unit back. But still no sound.
- I did connect my ipad to the aux (via AMI adapter) and no luck.
- My only option is to find an OEM adapter and give it another shot (though I am slowly losng hope)

The car is gutted and undrivable for 5-6 days now and I'm getting worked up. I love the screen and all but its turning into a nightmare at this point.
And aftersales service or help is nonexistent.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e400
Thumbs up AUX Issue Fixed After more than 2 monthes

Hello,
I faced the same issue where i got new android screen for my E400 coupe card, after fixing everything the sound was not working for the screen but it was working for the car original system (Radio bluetooth ...).
i did everything was on the internet for this issue (activating AUX in the car engeneering system and selecting it as Audio output), but unfortunatelly it didnt work.
at last i have turnd the AUX option off from Mercedes engeneering system and turnd UCI on instead, after that everythign worked fine with me.

just wanted to shre my experience with you.

Regards
Old 02-27-2024, 08:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 ML550 AMG package
Originally Posted by Mr.Abbas
Hello,
I faced the same issue where i got new android screen for my E400 coupe card, after fixing everything the sound was not working for the screen but it was working for the car original system (Radio bluetooth ...).
i did everything was on the internet for this issue (activating AUX in the car engeneering system and selecting it as Audio output), but unfortunatelly it didnt work.
at last i have turnd the AUX option off from Mercedes engeneering system and turnd UCI on instead, after that everythign worked fine with me.

just wanted to shre my experience with you.

Regards
what is UCI? Did the menu say what that is or what it does?
Old 02-27-2024, 11:31 PM

e400
Originally Posted by Doubleredrolex
what is UCI? Did the menu say what that is or what it does?
My friend you would find UCI in the same menu that have MOST, but you cant activate it unless you deactivate the AUX.
if you disable the AUX and enable the UCI
in the car Audio menu AUX still there, so you need to select the AUX and you would find sound working
at least this worked for me.

email me here i will share a video for what i did
netking01984@icloud.com
Old 03-05-2024, 07:00 AM

B Class 2012
Hi @Doubleredrolex,

Is your system now working OK now.

I have the same issue. No sound at all when I switch to the CarPlay interface.

Thanks

Rohan
Old 07-14-2024, 12:13 PM

Glk 350
Yes yes

Originally Posted by OnlyGerman;8488187Yes yes the camera delays alot than usual. The resolution is okay. This has been since the sound stopped working
How does the unit respond with the factory back up camera, any delay? How is the resolution when using the factory NTG screen/menus? I want to do this but only want to use the NTG, I do not care about the android side.
Yes yes the camera delays alot than usual. The resolution is okay. This has been since the sound stopped working. Please any solution