Mercedes OEM lights Flashing Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-350 (W166) BlueTec
Mercedes OEM lights Flashing Module

I have a 2012 ML350 BlueTec.
I use this car mostly for work, and my work takes me 90% of the time on an airport property. Currently I flash my hazards while on airport property and yes I also have a roof light bar plugged into the 12V.

I don’t want to buy a separate flashing kit which I’d have to drill into the body in order to mount it.

I’m looking for a different solution, similar to the F1 safety car, which flashes the DRL’s, headlights and reverse lights, basically OEM lights. I’m sure there has to be a module of some sort which can be installed. I say this because obviously the AMG safety car does it and also there are such modules made for Ford, Dodge, GMC, etc pickup trucks. I just have not been able to find one for MB.

Does anyone here know of such module or a different solution to make my DRL, headlights turn signals and reverse lights flash???

thanks!
Old 05-13-2021, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Why not look for a Police Dept Vehicle Up fitter who does this all the time?
Old 05-13-2021, 08:50 PM

Received 113 Likes on 98 Posts
Ml350 bluetec
Since you are driving a vehicle with CANBUS that controls and/or monitor the lights, you should not try to implement anything that makes use of the existing vehicle lights. The modification to use your vehicles existing lights will result in the CANBUS system going bonkers detecting and seeing the vehicle lights flashing on and off. I have towed trailers on the back of my ML 350 Bluetec, VW Touareg, both have a CANBUS system, and you must buy a special 7-pin to 4 pin connector to prevent the CANBUS from freaking out at seeing the trailer lights. If you use a regular 7-pin to 4 pin connector on the vehicle the vehicle displays "LAMP Out" on the dash.

My BMW R1200RT motorcycle also is a CANBUS motorcycle. I have to run separate 12V circuits if I install extra 12V devices, because the motorcycle also displays Light status, etc.. if I try to tap into an existing 12v circuit that drives existing lights.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 AM

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
Originally Posted by Eugen Toma
I have a 2012 ML350 BlueTec.
I use this car mostly for work, and my work takes me 90% of the time on an airport property. Currently I flash my hazards while on airport property and yes I also have a roof light bar plugged into the 12V.

I don’t want to buy a separate flashing kit which I’d have to drill into the body in order to mount it.

I’m looking for a different solution, similar to the F1 safety car, which flashes the DRL’s, headlights and reverse lights, basically OEM lights. I’m sure there has to be a module of some sort which can be installed. I say this because obviously the AMG safety car does it and also there are such modules made for Ford, Dodge, GMC, etc pickup trucks. I just have not been able to find one for MB.

Does anyone here know of such module or a different solution to make my DRL, headlights turn signals and reverse lights flash???

thanks!
Pay someone minimum wage to sit in the rear seat and remove and insert the appropriate fuses every 0.5 - 1 second.