M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Adblue Tank Vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetec
Adblue Tank Vent

Hi everyone, I have a 2012 ML35 Bluetec and I did some self-inflicted damage to it as I was replacing the Adblue high pressure injection line from the pump to the injector (the built-in heater had failed).
I had followed a Youtube video on how to do it by lowering the tank a little on a hydraulic jack but the tank fell off, putting too much strain on part of the vent line, snapping off a connector. I know - I should have disconnected the vent line first, but...
The vent line tube is M-B part number 166-470-03 and is located behind the right rear wheel well liner. Photos are below.
Unfortunately, M-B has discontinued the part and it is not available to buy anywhere. They have recommended I find a scrap ML35 Bluetec (like finding hen's teeth) and get it from there.
The same part was used on 2012-2015 ML350 AND 250, 2013-2016 GL350, and 2015 GLE 300d - all Bluetec.
I'm just reaching out with a couple of questions:
1) Does anyone know of a dead ML350 Bluetec whose owner might want to sell me the part?
2) By some miracle, does anyone have one in stock somewhere?
3) As a last resort, does anyone know if something similar was used on other M-B Bluetecs, such as the GLK, R350, E350, etc.? I have been scouring the emissions diagrams and parts lists for the various Bluetec models but cannot find something similar.
If I can't get a replacement part, I will need to do some surgery on the canister-shaped part near the top to try to re-attach the small reverse-J-shaped tube at the top. The nipple on the canister has broken at the canister surface,

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-04-2023, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W166 forum...
Old 09-05-2023, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 491 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Too late for this question, but why didn't you just have the dealer repair the system originally under the AEM warranty?
At any rate, if finding the part proves impossible, the system can be effectively deleted via software.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetec
Thanks for the suggestion, @rapidoxidation, but in their infinite wisdom, and as opposed to the rest of the Adblue system, the high pressure Adblue injection line and built-in heater are not part of what is covered by the warranty/recall. They wanted over $1500 to replace it, so I bought it myself and installed it for only the cost of the part. They have already done the work under warranty on the rest of the system.
I also do believe in doing my bit by minimizing the amount of NOX I put out, so I would like to keep the emissions control system working as intended.