ML350 - Reverse Camera Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350
Smile ML350 - Reverse Camera Upgrade

Hello boys,
I would like to upgrade the reversing camera on my ML350.
I have an original camera, but it always gets dirty very quickly and then you can't see anything through it

Can someone advise me if it is possible to get a camera from a newer GLE that has a cover? Can it be connected somehow so that it works like the original? (I would like it to continue to show lines)
Or do I have to buy a Chinese camera with a cover, connect the opening of the cover to the reversing lights and use a cinch-fakra reduction to connect to the radio?

Of course, I searched on the forum and on the Internet, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any advice

Old 01-27-2024, 11:45 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
ML350 - 128i - GTI MK7
You can most definitely try. As long as the # of wires are the same and are the same color, it should be a straight plug'n'play.

The issue with these Mercedes is that there are too few enthusiasts to post on forums, as compared to VW golfs and Honda Civics. There you may have 100 threads asking the same thing and it only takes one person to try and figure it out so they can share with everyone else.
Here, there may be a few who are interested and even fewer who make such attempts.

There is a forum member who did a full ML -> GLE conversion, I wonder if he attempted this mod as well too.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:48 AM

Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts
2010 ML550 VIN WDC1641722A564750, 2010 B180
I bought the Sony lenses camera below and fitted it to a B180 for my daughter. The car didn't have a camera to begin with so I installed a android head unit to go with it. The clarity and spread of the camera is truly outstanding and makes my W164 ML look like a B&W TV in comparison. The android unit does habe a better qualitu screen, so keep that in consideration. If it wasn't that impressive, I wouldn't post it.

No idea if it will fit the W166 but here is the link anyway.
https://www.teyes.com.au/products/te...rear-view-came