M113 V8 Kompressor Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M113 V8 5.5L Kompressor. Including SL55 AMG, CL55 AMG, S55 AMG, E55 AMG, CLS55 AMG, G55 AMG, SLR (M155).
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 CL55 AMG Won't Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CL55 AMG
'03 CL55 AMG Won't Start

Looking for advice on a "no start" issue with my CL55. Car has been running fine. Occasionally it has a rough idle, but very seldom. I get periodic malfunction messages, but they go away on re-start. This morning I got malfunction lights for ABS, BAS and ESP. I drove my son to school, stopped for gas on my way back home and turned the car off for about 20 minutes before leaving for work. When I tried to start it again, it turned over but wouldn't start. It showed the same three malfunction messages, but I don't think they have anything to do with the car not starting. I plugged my OBDII scanner in and found no codes in the computer. I read on line that a bad crank position sensor can cause this sort of thing, so I replaced it with a non-oem sensor from Advance. The car still won't start. If the crank sensor is bad, shouldn't there be a code in the computer for it? Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CL55 AMG
...Replaced fuel pump and relay. That fixed the first problem. The dealer is telling me they got a Dixie cup full of transmission fluid out of my tranny control module. The dealer tells me they're not even sure fixing this situation will repair the problems. Have had the car a year with only 58k on the clock. Guess I should have listened to my head instead of my heart when I bought it...
Old 05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
what is his recommendation and price. you can get used modules on e-bay pretty cheap. get the leak fixed and proceed. leak is probably the wiring seal on the side of the tranny. cheap fix. youmay be able to clean out tranny fluid and reuse the module.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
mb, saab, acura, dodge
I know this is an old thread, but how does a leaking trans wiring plug have anything to do with fluid in the module? I've replaced numerous plugs, but don't get the module thing.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
'03 S55 (79K miles)
Fluid in the pan leaks through the connector into the wire bundle. The wires all snugged next to each other provide a path for the fluid to travel UP inside the cable until the fluid reaches your module, then slowly dribbles into the circuit board.

It's due to a scientific principal called "capillary action" and the very slightest bit of pressure in the pan.

It's how the blood in the tiny capillary veins in your fingers finds its way back to your bigger veins to return to your heart.
The following 2 users liked this post by GrepAwk:
rjman (04-05-2017), silverc4s (12-06-2018)