M113 V8 Kompressor Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M113 V8 5.5L Kompressor. Including SL55 AMG, CL55 AMG, S55 AMG, E55 AMG, CLS55 AMG, G55 AMG, SLR (M155).
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 S55 AMG Kompressor Govenor Overide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc S55 AMG Kompressor 2003 & S320 1999
2003 S55 AMG Kompressor Govenor Overide

I have searched the web how to reset/deactivate the speed limit governor on my 2003 S55 AMG Kompressor, which only results in sort of aftermarket gadgets to influence setting on the ECU.
I must be quite honest that I cannot believe that the ECU as installed in the car has a so called "Hardwired" system limited the speed by fuel control etc. which cannot be "Modified"
I know for example one can set the car to Dyno mode overriding EPS,BAS,ABS etc. so one can adjust brakes for example. When switch off the car and then on again it goes back to "Normal" mode. Also for example, the Steering Angle test/reset procedure can set the ECU back to factory settings and then it miraculously start re-learning my "Driving style". There are literally hundreds of hidden menus on the command unit screen and the dash display you can call up to tune you car, to reset you ACC, to set ACC vent opening shutters, to read voltage output etc. and I cannot believe one cannot hook up an ECU (Even after taking it out) to for example a DAS (STAR) system to tell the ECU to simply keep on adjusting mixtures by checking O2 readings and airflow volumes beyond the 250 KM /hr. mark ignoring the signal from the speedo that 250 is reached, but monitoring engine, oil and coolant temperatures and then only calling it quits when those parameter reaching unacceptable levels. The M113 motor gets hand build in Germany at AMG. You tell me they put it together and ship it. No, they put it on a test bank and run it through its passes way beyond the 250 km/hr. mark (493 BHP) to certify that this motor is meeting is design criteria which is way beyond the 250k mark. (Strangely the speedo reaches way beyond 300 Km/hr.) In most "Shopping trolleys" the super speed display on the clock is a sales trick but not in this kind of car, it doesn't need to.
Common guys, who can send me the "secret code" to the Holly Grail of the UCU controls.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Speed limiter can be removed with a tune

My E55 came with a Eurocharged tune and 180mm crank pulley, among other things. I can confirm that it has no speed limiter as I've seen 181mpn before I chickened out, that was of course on a racetrack, certainly not in east Colorado. That would be stupid and illegal. A competent tuner can remove it I am thinking, no gadgets need to be added I think.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 928 Likes on 720 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
You don't even need a tune. You can disable/enable the speed limiter using the "developer's kit" in STAR. Instructions are out there if one looks...
Old 09-28-2021, 10:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
So this was posted yeeeeeears ago, but looks like nobody bothered to help out. In the interest of the fact that someone may be looking for an answer in the future i seem to recall coming across something in reference to gov. delete on a thread/post recently.

Search for member BenzNinja i think it is. If not then search "ninja" and their posts/threads will come up. Anyway, if one searches threads started by this person it should be able to be found using the terms 'ABC message delete' or something to close to that. The thread poses a couple ways to delete out the ABC coding and i believe at the end of the post he shows how to code out the speed limiter. Worth a look if you need the knowledge.