M113 V8 Kompressor Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M113 V8 5.5L Kompressor. Including SL55 AMG, CL55 AMG, S55 AMG, E55 AMG, CLS55 AMG, G55 AMG, SLR (M155).
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xentry Question for new CLS55 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Xentry Question for new CLS55 Owner

Can somebody please help me out, I have just purchased a CLS55 AMG for a great price but with a few issues, its my first MB. I am very fluent with BMW's and there INSTA and INPA software. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the reasons for needing a MUX to establish COMMS with a MB. I have seen the China setups with entire kits for a price of $600 and up. Of course were all on our own budgets but what im trying to do is be able to read all modules and perform active/ bi-directional test (EX: manually air my shocks and test for leaks) for the best price i can find. Can I do this with the USB 2.0 pass through Xentry software? Also would this Xentry software come with WIS? I have a WIN 7 32BIT OS Panasonic laptop to install everything on without a RS232 port. Any replies are much appreciated. Happy Holidays to All!!
Old 11-27-2021, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by 03ac
Can somebody please help me out, I have just purchased a CLS55 AMG for a great price but with a few issues, its my first MB. I am very fluent with BMW's and there INSTA and INPA software. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the reasons for needing a MUX to establish COMMS with a MB. I have seen the China setups with entire kits for a price of $600 and up. Of course were all on our own budgets but what im trying to do is be able to read all modules and perform active/ bi-directional test (EX: manually air my shocks and test for leaks) for the best price i can find. Can I do this with the USB 2.0 pass through Xentry software? Also would this Xentry software come with WIS? I have a WIN 7 32BIT OS Panasonic laptop to install everything on without a RS232 port. Any replies are much appreciated. Happy Holidays to All!!

The MUX (the old grey brick with a serial connection is a "Part D" and the newer one with wireless capability is a "Part T" or SDConnect") is just as it sounds - it multiplexes the lines that go to the control units on the older pre-2003 E-Class and 1999 and older S-Class. They had a data connection that led to the 38-pin port under the hood. The CLS55 must be a 2006 model, and would work without issue using a J2524 PassThru device to communicate and program modules, as would the the other two multiplexers.

You will need to tell XENTRY the type of VCI you have - whether it be an SDConnect or J2524 PassThru.

It will allow you to perform actuations of nearly all modules and control units in the car. XENTRY does not come with WIS, and never has. It is just pirated by the chinese and put on the drive, along with who knows what else and likely malware. I would avoid chinese units.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:27 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Polar Bear
The MUX (the old grey brick with a serial connection is a "Part D" and the newer one with wireless capability is a "Part T" or SDConnect") is just as it sounds - it multiplexes the lines that go to the control units on the older pre-2003 E-Class and 1999 and older S-Class. They had a data connection that led to the 38-pin port under the hood. The CLS55 must be a 2006 model, and would work without issue using a J2524 PassThru device to communicate and program modules, as would the the other two multiplexers.

You will need to tell XENTRY the type of VCI you have - whether it be an SDConnect or J2524 PassThru.

It will allow you to perform actuations of nearly all modules and control units in the car. XENTRY does not come with WIS, and never has. It is just pirated by the chinese and put on the drive, along with who knows what else and likely malware. I would avoid chinese units.
awemesome, thank you for the feedback. Do you know how or can you point me in the direction of who I can get the software from and the OBD2 cable needed to make it all work, also would you know about how much it should all cost for Xentry and WIS? Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2021, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,968 Likes on 3,120 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Hardware:
- Tactrix Openport 2.0
- USB cable (comes with Tactrix)
- Windows laptop

Software:
- XENTRY

Message @BenzNinja
Old 11-28-2021, 02:11 PM

CLS55 AMG
Hey thanks a lot I just sent him a PM. Hopefully he replies. Is there anything else you all recommend to help maintain the car?

The transmission is currently out and I plan on doing the rear main seal. Is there anything else I should do while it’s out? the air ride is currently not working correctly but I’m not sure if that’s because the trans is out and I’m not starting the car with the trans but the left side is leaking down evenly and the buttons on the center console just stay lit while the key is in the run position. I had a buddy come over with his Autel pro and manually aired up the shocks for me but there still slowly leaking down slowly left side only. I know the circuit is working or he wouldn’t have been able to air the shocks up with his scanner, not sure if I should even trouble shoot until it’s all back together.

thanks again!
Old 11-28-2021, 10:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 SL500 Silver Arrow, 2016 GL63 AMG
You can get the full 2020 Xentry package using [Link removed . Please don't link to illegal downloads. - IB Jason]

Then install following the instructions in this video to the T.

You will need to buy a J2534 dongle. They can be had for under $25 here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32973687689.html

This video explains how to setup the driver for the J2534 dongle. (the driver will be on the CD that comes with the J2534 dongle)

You may hit some snags but just keep plugging away at it and you will eventually sort everything out.

After you get Xentry going you should get another app called Vediamo. With Vediamo you can recode your ECU to disable Start Stop ECO mode, enable full functionality of your MultiBeam headlights...........

Here's a great tutorial that shows you how to do it: http://blog.obdii365.com/2021/09/22/...nd-dts-monaco/

I have done everything above and can tell you it a very satisfying when you get it all working. It helps to be a little Tech-Savvy. As is the ability to follow instructions.

Good luck
Old 11-29-2021, 08:28 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reinarson
You can get the full 2020 Xentry pakage using [[i]Link removed . Please don't link to illegal downloads. - IB Jason]

Then install following the instructions in this video to the T. https://youtu.be/xk4dCH97ky4

You will need to buy a J2534 dongle. They can be had for under $25 here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32973687689.html

This video explains how to setup the driver for the J2534 dongle. (the driver will be on the CD that comes with the J2534 dongle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0m2frwDbLE

You may hit some snags but just keep plugging away at it and you will eventually sort everything out.

After you get Xentry going you should get another app called Vediamo. With Vediamo you can recode your ECU to disable Start Stop ECO mode, enable full functionality of your MultiBeam headlights...........

Here's a great tutorial that shows you how to do it: http://blog.obdii365.com/2021/09/22/...nd-dts-monaco/

I have done everything above and can tell you it a very satisfying when you get it all working. It helps to be a little Tech-Savvy. As is the ability to follow instructions.

Good luck
Thanks a lot for that detailed reply! I have one additional question, will the Xentry software your directing me too with the torrent link, will this software download to a 32bit Win7 OS? If not can you direct me to the latest version of Xentry that will work with WIN7 32bit OS? Thanks again!

Last edited by 03ac; 11-29-2021 at 08:42 AM.