M113 V8 Kompressor Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M113 V8 5.5L Kompressor. Including SL55 AMG, CL55 AMG, S55 AMG, E55 AMG, CLS55 AMG, G55 AMG, SLR (M155).
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLS55 Transmission problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 ///AMG
Unhappy CLS55 Transmission problem

hi, car goes normal in c/s and shifts normal, transmission feel ok when driving normal, whenever i accelerate (100%throttle) it changes gears normally but when slowing down after full throttle car immediately shakes very noticeable and it feel like car is hard braking for like 1 sec (probably it actually does) and then goes normal, what i noticed other than that is in manual mode car sometimes won't shift from 3rd gear, it's been scanned with STAR but it only shows some kind of slip in transmission not any problem related to part... it isn't even going in limp mode..
Old 11-12-2016, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Sounds like a mechanical issue inside the trans, one of the solenoids is unable to release a gear on a downshift, causing the excessive engine braking feeling and shaking.

You could try a conductor plate and trans service, as i've seen new fluid make dramatic changes on the 722.6, but if not you may need a trans rebuild to replace the damaged components.
The following users liked this post:
mishorar (11-12-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by mishorar
hi, car goes normal in c/s and shifts normal, transmission feel ok when driving normal, whenever i accelerate (100%throttle) it changes gears normally but when slowing down after full throttle car immediately shakes very noticeable and it feel like car is hard braking for like 1 sec (probably it actually does) and then goes normal, what i noticed other than that is in manual mode car sometimes won't shift from 3rd gear, it's been scanned with STAR but it only shows some kind of slip in transmission not any problem related to part... it isn't even going in limp mode..
Having a similar issue with the hard shifting after acceleration.
Taking the car in this afternoon. Will post up findings when i have them.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by FunkTron
Having a similar issue with the hard shifting after acceleration.
Taking the car in this afternoon. Will post up findings when i have them.
did u found what was causing it?
in my case, transmission feels better after fluid service, after acceleration it doesn't shift hard always, when it does nowhere as hard as it used to.