M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meausring ABC and P/S oil level...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Arrow Meausring ABC and P/S oil level...

ABC Dipstick and Return Line locations:

ABC Dipstick Markings:

Correct Oil Level for ABC:

P/S Dipstick Markings:

Correct Oil Level for P/S:

Old 10-05-2009, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Mr Oxygen...

I'm a tard, and put power steering fluid (not Pentosin) in my power steering fluid reservoir. I realize now that was a bad decision...but didn't know it them. How do I flush the P/S system before I make a bad decision worse?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Probably not that big of a deal, but I would flush it regardless.

Here's what you do.. Lift up the front of the car so that the front axle is off the ground and the steering can be turned freely. Pull off the return line on the P/S filter or just take the filter out together with the cap assembly and place in a large plastic cup to collect the fluid. Suction out all of the fluid in the reservoir. Fill to the top with CHF 11S Pentosin.

Have someone turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right, and continue to do this. As the wheels are being turned the fluid will come out of the return line and whatever is in the tank will start to drop. Watch the fluid from the return line, and watch the level in the tank. As soon as you see new fluid coming out I would flush it a bit more then close everything up and measure the fluid level. Make sure the motor is OFF for this whole procedure.

As with ABC, perform this procedure with car warmed up to operating temperature.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Ok...to make sure I'm understand, operate the cars steering with the engine NOT running? I can use the return line coming to the reservoir, or is that return line somewhere else? Also...do the fluids from ABC and P/S get mixed...as in, do I need to flush both, or is flushing only the P/S good enough?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 S65 AMG
Yes, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, all the way to the right, all the way to the left, all the way to the right... etc.. about 30 times or so.

The engine has to be OFF and the front wheels not on the ground.

You can pull the cap/filter off the P/S reservoir and place that in a plastic ice coffee cup to catch the fluid coming from the return.

The fluids from the two systems do not mix.