M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RennTech SL600: Engine Kick When Pressing Throttle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
RennTech SL600: Engine Kick When Pressing Throttle

Hi everyone,

I am recently a happy owner of an 04 SL600 RennTech.

I have a question for the experienced owners here in the group. The car needs new motor mounts. I also recently changed the intercooler pump.

When I press the throttle hard to accelerate, the engine often "kicks" - it's hard to explain - almost as if when you feel a hard upshift or it feels like for a split second, the power cut of and started up again and you get rocked in your seat.

Is this because of the motor mounts? And possible tranny mounts that the car might need? I've heard that if the motor mounts need to be replaced, the torque on these cars (especially with RennTech) causes the engine and tranny to buckle under hard acceleration and can also make the acceleration feel sluggish at times from a standstill.

If anyone has anything they can share on this topic, it would be very helpful. I plan on getting the motor mounts and possible the tranny mounts replaced (close to a $4000 job), but I just thought I'd ask around and get some opinions before I go ahead and do so.

Thanks!