M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abc replacement pump strutmasters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S600 Eurocharged
Exclamation Abc replacement pump strutmasters

Did the strutmasters conversion on my s600, need to replace the abc pump with a regular ps pump? Read that some have used an e55 pump but dunno if it works properly or not.

1. Does anyone have any experience with the e55 pump that can comment on the best way to proceed?

2. Is there any other type/model of regular ps pump that can be adapted?

Ps my abc pumps power steering is currently whining/noisy and close to failing...
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 S600 AMG
I was wondering if you ever got your power steering pump replaced with a non-ABC pump. I ran into the same issue as you. I read other people saying they converted their car to a non-ABC pumps from other cars. But I no one has actually described what they did. I have my car at the shop, we removed the old pump and I purchased a new pump that I can bolt up, but the Pulley is not in the right alignment. So we made some spacers to align the pulley. The other issue is the pulley on all the other cars are 6rib whereas the stock belt on S600 is 7rib. I have sourced another 6rib belt and plan to just run it on the car. btw, the belt is 6PK 2335. The stock belt is 7PK 2335.

Anyway, the only problem I'm having now is the power steering hose is not long enough to connect to the pump in its newly aligned position.

argh...

I'd rather not have to use spacers, I'd rather have a pulley that can be pressed onto the pump that is 7rib and spaced correctly. I thought for sure someone had run into all these issues before I started this process.

Anyway, if anyone has some insight, experience or recomendations, I'd love to hear them.

-Fc3swrx