Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Maybach Exelero

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
And are we going to allow this jerk to follow me around and post attacks - No. 2
WAAAHHHHHH! WAAAAHHHHHH!

Nobody that thin-skinned ever gets rich - unless he inherits it.

I know. I saw it first hand growing up. My Old Man could have bought 100 of any kind of car he wanted - and he was the toughest sum' biatch I ever knew. He would have kicked my *** at 80. You, my friend, are not of that ilk. Niether am I - and I am willing to admit it.

Come to grips my brother.

But to keep the thread on point. There is only one Exelero. It is currently sitting at the LA Auto Show. They are not going to put the Exelero as it currently sits into production. The one that Jay-Z drove is the one in LA. This was all discussed at length with the Maybach reps on two separate occasions and by many, many people.

I agree with the post about the Maybach line being good for development. But in my experience, it is NEVER good to lose money - not as a loss leader or by dumping product (which is against the law and is close to what Bugatti does with the Veyron).

I have always viewed MB as a stepping stone car. Don't get me wrong, I love them and have owned and heavily modified three of them. But my goal is to move on to something more exclusive. MBs are parked 5 deep at every valet in Orange County. I would like a more exclusive - and better performing - car someday.

On the other hand, MB is the pinnacle for some and will satisfy them forever. to each his own with cars - both views are fine.

I know a lot of extremely wealthy guys with huge car collections. The only MBs these guys ever get are the SLR, SL65 or the long wheel based Maybach as a chauffer driven vehicle. They have simply moved beyond MB. Most of them have moved beyond cars in general and are on to yachts, private jets and trophy wives. Cars simply don't really excite them much any more. And none of them - mark my words well ClayJ - have time to post on Internet forums like we do. They are different types of people. Not like you or me. Someday, you will actually meet someone who is truly a wealthy individual. You will learn that they are nothing like the fictional persona you have created in this forum. Basically, if they have made and maintain their own fortune, they work the better part of their day (at least 15-16 hours) and really only have time for eating and sleeping otherwise. Sure, there are the annual vacations and such. But basically, the self-made super-rich work their tails off all of the time - because work is what they love and do best. They simply ooze success and self-confidence.

Like me, you are on this forum far too much to be one of those my friend. That is why people get so upset with you. We all realize that you are playing a game. But it is a game played within a very sensative subject - money, wealth and prestige. Nobody likes a fake when it comes to those defining characteristics. Some have worked too damn hard to have a person come in and masqurade as someone with great wealth. It wounds people's pride. Not a good way to operate - in business or life.

You are very successful at your little charade. You even got me all riled up. I guess that is why I have enough time on my hands to write these posts - I care way too much about people like you and what you have to say. I am not enough like my Old Man. Because I can promise you this, my Old Man wouldn't have thought twice about it. He would have simply put a boot in your *** and gone back to work.

God I miss him.

Last edited by Beleriand; 12-06-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beleriand
WAAAHHHHHH! WAAAAHHHHHH!

Nobody that thin-skinned ever gets rich - unless he inherits it.

I know. I saw it first hand growing up. My old man could have bought 100 of any kind of car he wanted - and he was the toughest sum' biatch I ever knew. He would have kicked my *** at 80. You, my friend, are not of that ilk. Niether am I - and I am willing to admit it.

Come to grips my brother.
I have to agree with you. My old man was the same way.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
ON PROBATION

vraa - Banning your original account for six months wasn't just a joke.
Not only did you follow around a member, when told to stop, you kept doing so and then insulted a moderator.
This new account is perma-banned.
Stoopid shiznit only goes so far. Thank God!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Stoopid shiznit only goes so far. Thank God!

Thank you ClayJ for reinforcing all that I said in the post above. Nothing you could have said would have done more to prove that you just don't have what it takes.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I really didn't want to close this thread as I hoped there were oppurtunities for more valuable information regarding this car to come up, but alas...

ClayJ - Stop baiting members.
Members - Stop bashing other members.