Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Maybach Exelero

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I posted pics of the two cars that are drivable and that I have a shot -and an inclination - to purchase one of earlier on in this thread.

Another member or two posted pics of this other one that isn't drivable twice or more if I remember correctly in this thread, and immediately in this thread just yesterday.

If I am able to procure a Maybach Exelero I will post pictures of it here on this site - in this very thread if it still exists and I can still find it and it isn't locked or whatever -I have already said that I will do so, and I still intend on doing so.

I should be off of probation by then....
I do not wish to increase my risk and my exposure by posting pics on another picture-posting site and then linking them here. Posting them as an attachment here is much easier, and preferable, to me. And although I do have a ton of pics of this current Maybach Exelero, and of the other two, in my possession - there is not that much that you or other members are missing by looking at the previous pics posted in this thread....

Oh my god Clay...

You do realize that you're still here in the MBWorld forums where we've all heard these types of stories before. Did you think we were going to forget about all the pics of your cars you've been promising since January? Good grief Clay, there is no possible way that you're still out in the boonies. I mean, what kind of favor could a friend ask you to do that could last 7+ months??? Or better yet, what kind of friend would ask another to do a favor that would last this long? Did your friend ask you to plant the corn and watch it grow??? Are you carrying his baby?? What is the favor? You can tell us that part. I'm dying to know what kind of crap you've gotten yourself into.

I think, after all these messages and tall tales we deserve an explanation and some pics
Old 06-26-2006, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Isn't this the kid who's father took him off the computer because he claimed he owned a Maybach that he didn't own?

Goodness, some people have a disease to blabber. I swear.

It's okay Clay, you will forever be the aspiring rich man you wish to be in your dreams, however, in order to make those dreams reality, you need to divert your attention away from Maybachs and get to your studies.

Besides, you might want to develop better taste. Maybachs are not that impressive. The only thing that is impressive is their brochures. But right now, you still live with your folks and you need to start saving. Start saving for the brochure first. Then worry about the car.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Isn't this the kid who's father took him off the computer because he claimed he owned a Maybach that he didn't own?

Goodness, some people have a disease to blabber. I swear.

It's okay Clay, you will forever be the aspiring rich man you wish to be in your dreams, however, in order to make those dreams reality, you need to divert your attention away from Maybachs and get to your studies.

Besides, you might want to develop better taste. Maybachs are not that impressive. The only thing that is impressive is their brochures. But right now, you still live with your folks and you need to start saving. Start saving for the brochure first. Then worry about the car.
Nope. Different guy.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
If Bruce Wayne didn't already have that stupid rock jumper P.O.S he would get this.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
ON PROBATION

I refer to it as my 'BachMobile; and it will be parked in my 'BachCave..... LOL
Old 06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
A_B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
Naaaah man, it has already been dubbed my "'Bachmobile", and will be parked in my "'Bachcave" in a country which I will not disclose at this point in time
Your repeating yourself.

Its a very nice car, its a shame they are so expensive and only produce such a limited number.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
ON PROBATION

It was never meant to be more than a promotional car for Fulda, commissioned by them to make the showcar circuit and generate some press.

And the 3 cars are still making the circuit - that's why I will have to wait to see if I can (and want) to get one of them or not until the end of the Summer.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
It was never meant to be more than a promotional car for Fulda, commissioned by them to make the showcar circuit and generate some press.

And the 3 cars are still making the circuit - that's why I will have to wait to see if I can (and want) to get one of them or not until the end of the Summer.
Cool! Hey Clay, I heard the moon is for sale. Are you going to buy it? Oh wait, don't you aleady have two?!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified

Is that because you do/might want/need to drive/own one/two for your car/photo collection if the price/desire is right/adequate.

You have my vote ! Truly !
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
I brought this thread from the dead to simply ask if this car will make it to the States .
I didnt ask if someone is going to buy it or owns it or has desires to buy it.
I do believe that Clay was asked to either back what he says or to quit boasting or whatever shiznits he claims.

ClayJ Your credibility is non-existant so please stop wasting everyones time .If you have valid information then please share it,if you just want to bragg then I ask you to start your own thread with all the stuff you have or want to aquire and see where that gets you and who will get burned for your entertainment.
It's ok to dream big as long as you know the difference between illusion and reality and you dont insult the intelligence of others.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
ON PROBATION

Received an update today from one of my birddogs in the USA: one of the runners - Exeleros which can actually be driven - was at Goodwood last week, and was seen running at speed.

This is one of the cars which I am trying to obtain - and the prospect still appears to be good.

I received pictures as well -- I will post them in this thread when I am able to do so.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:37 PM

2006 ML350
Originally Posted by RobertG
I brought this thread from the dead to simply ask if this car will make it to the States .
I didnt ask if someone is going to buy it or owns it or has desires to buy it.
I do believe that Clay was asked to either back what he says or to quit boasting or whatever shiznits he claims.

ClayJ Your credibility is non-existant so please stop wasting everyones time .If you have valid information then please share it,if you just want to bragg then I ask you to start your own thread with all the stuff you have or want to aquire and see where that gets you and who will get burned for your entertainment.
It's ok to dream big as long as you know the difference between illusion and reality and you dont insult the intelligence of others.
I am tried of this BS too, why the admins are not taking any actions and stop this nonsense. this forum is simply loosing the credibility due to all the BS going on over here.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:20 PM
ON PROBATION

There is no more valid information about these three Exeleros that exists in the world that is going to make it onto the MBWorld forums than mine.

Hello? How many people out there do you think are interested in paying in excess of $5M USD to buy one of the three existing Exeleros?

How many articles have been done lately by any member of the automotive press on the Exelero?

Wake up and smell the roses!

I am the only person in the world that I know of - apart from the three entities (or less) parading these cars around this Summer - who gives as much of a darn or follows as closely the news on these vehicles....

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Be glad that I am willing to actually, factually, share this info on and my quest for the Exelero on this forum!

Instead of not at all--

SHEEEEEEEESH!

Last edited by ClayJ; 07-12-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I'd rather you not.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
There is no more valid information about these three Exeleros that exists in the world that is going to make it onto the MBWorld forums than mine.

Hello? How many people out there do you think are interested in paying in excess of $5M USD to buy one of the three existing Exeleros?

How many articles have been done lately by any member of the automotive press on the Exelero?

Wake up and smell the roses!

I am the only person in the world that I know of - apart from the three entities (or less) parading these cars around this Summer - who gives as much of a darn or follows as closely the news on these vehicles....

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Be glad that I am willing to actually, factually, share this info on and my quest for the Exelero on this forum!

Instead of not at all--

SHEEEEEEEESH!
And who's the gift horse... you? Because you can cut and paste published information that was readily available on the internet? Any other information you post regarding this car could very well be 100% BS because there's no way of verifying it.

Clay, you've been a member since June 2005 and you've only talked about what you have and what you're going to get but have never proven any of it. You have claimed to have all these cars, even multiples of the super exotics yet have never posted a single pic. Now you use your probationary status as being the sole reason of not posting pics and your security concerns for using a hosting service. You claim to have amassed this incedible fortune yet you can't even speak about how. You've been everywhere and anywhere yet you can't even talk intelligently about any particular place. You're "stuck" in the boonies and you can't even say why or how but you have all this time to "buy" this car? GET ONE OF YOUR GM's TO HOUSE SIT FOR YOUR *** AND POST SOME PICS. I'm sure that any of the mods would gladly take you off probation if you're gonna finally post something other than your everyday bullsh*t

Amuse us all by answering this: If you are who your say you are, how do you plan to remain anonymous of having this outrageous fortune and posessions if you buy one of 3 known examples of of this car? For you to even take this car out, people would know to look out for and identify you.

Give me a ******* break. Clay, I speak for everyone here when I say: If you're really going to buy it, just do it and post the pics. Anything short of that and you'll just substantiate what we've been saying all along...YOU'RE A FRAUD
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Well put NY. Now if you really do buy one of them, any of the exotics, it surely would be on some automotive blog, or site.

You now say you're gonna have a site to put the pics on, how long will that take?

Oh, and does the Exelero come in any other colors?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by NY C32
And who's the gift horse... you? Because you can cut and paste published information that was readily available on the internet? Any other information you post regarding this car could very well be 100% BS because there's no way of verifying it.

Clay, you've been a member since June 2005 and you've only talked about what you have and what you're going to get but have never proven any of it. You have claimed to have all these cars, even multiples of the super exotics yet have never posted a single pic. Now you use your probationary status as being the sole reason of not posting pics and your security concerns for using a hosting service. You claim to have amassed this incedible fortune yet you can't even speak about how. You've been everywhere and anywhere yet you can't even talk intelligently about any particular place. You're "stuck" in the boonies and you can't even say why or how but you have all this time to "buy" this car? GET ONE OF YOUR GM's TO HOUSE SIT FOR YOUR *** AND POST SOME PICS. I'm sure that any of the mods would gladly take you off probation if you're gonna finally post something other than your everyday bullsh*t

Amuse us all by answering this: If you are who your say you are, how do you plan to remain anonymous of having this outrageous fortune and posessions if you buy one of 3 known examples of of this car? For you to even take this car out, people would know to look out for and identify you.

Give me a ******* break. Clay, I speak for everyone here when I say: If you're really going to buy it, just do it and post the pics. Anything short of that and you'll just substantiate what we've been saying all along...YOU'RE A FRAUD
agreed. well put.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:48 AM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
Clay, I was just curious as to what other cars you own that there are only a handful of others out there in the world? I understand that someone buying a car of such caliber really should have no budget, but what is the case when you come across a large mechanical issue? I'm sure parts aren't readily available and most of these cars will be around for centuries as they will spend most of their existence stored in a millionaire's garage. I was just pondering this and figured I'd ask you since I have no other means of contact with a billionaire.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
ON PROBATION

Full factory support. Worst case scenario is the car gets shipped to a shop that can do the work.

I do have a few cars of which not many at all were made; but in each case there are either a few shops who can do the work, or the car goes to the factory to have the work done. For instance: both MBZ and Ferrari provide full support in the form of resources for both repairs, modifications, and restoration -- and will even remanufacture parts.

Heck, even those whom are into American muscle cars and antiques can now buy remanufactured parts from the many companies which have sprung-up to provide them; even new and better-engineered suspensions, brakes, etc.....

I do not often buy older or historic cars or antiques for precisely this reason -- I like to drive my cars and do not want the likelihood of mechanical breakdown, and the wait for remanufacture or repair, to deprive me of the enjoyment of the vehicle. I do not like to wrench on my vehicles.

Last edited by ClayJ; 07-13-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 PM

c43
now correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it used the v12 found in the clubsport, so it should not be hard to repair, and even if it had the new v12, which it might now that i think about it because I remember something about turbos, that engine will be around for some time, and can't be too hard to repair, their are plenty of sl65s, s65's and cl65's out there, granted theymight not be bored to 7.3 lts, i mean its a huge freaking car, can't be that hard to get into? But i am well aware it will cost an arm and a few legs to fix...
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 PM

c43
also are there any plans to make more than just 3... would there be any way to get them to start production again, with updated tech, like amgs newer style brakes and suspension... i have a feeling that thing can't handle too well, not better than the slr or sl65...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Do these things come in white?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 PM
ON PROBATION

As to the number of them and the possibility of any more being made: The car is a one-off, custom-built for a specific purpose. For that purpose they actually made three -- but the odds on anymore being made as originally made? None.

As far as mechanical reliability, it has been reported that the runners have a 36-valve twin-turbocharged V-12, with a redline of 6000 rpm, and producing 691 hp at 6000 rpm, and 752 lb-ft of "very low-end torque".

That compared to the standard Maybach engine (rated at 543 hp) the Exelero reportedly has an increased displacement, from 5.5L to 5.9L; and larger turbochargers, radiator, and intercooler.

When Autmobilemag got to do a day of testdriving they used 110 octane gas in the car, and they had to disable the airconditioning -- and still had to take frequent cooling-off rests. So, the car may run hot. This is the only potential running problem that I have heard mentioned.

I will find out all about the mechanical, running, and maintenance aspects of the car at some point prior to purchase of the car if I remain successfully on the path of acquisition. I will continue to report my progress and what I find out about the car(s) here on this thread.

Oh, and BTW, it is reported that the sidepipe exhaust "emits a thunderous, earth-shattering noise".... Gives one the shivers, doesn't it?

EDIT: LOL can drive - you and your white! Don't really blame you though - I bet this car would look great in white.... One is not supposed to change the color on one of these cars -- but I don't see why in actuality you couldn't...

Last edited by ClayJ; 07-13-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
And where would your security detail sit?? Would they follow you in another car?

I would buy this car just to see if I get e-mails from clay inquiring about selling it, just like that E55 wagon. His IP address would be the most telling thing of all though
Old 07-14-2006, 02:43 AM

c43
if it is the same engine as the maybach one, which is the same as the current 220 s65 engine, than upgradeing it to even more power from there would not be an issue, I am sure with an ecu and a few internal upgrades brabus could take care of any problems the car might have... as well as having the tranny rebuilt for different shift points like some have done with the sl65s... if you get this car kudos to you mang, this has to be my fav car of all time, much better than the slr, clk-dtm, sl65/73, or the classic maybach imo, good luck clay!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Maybach Exelero